Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more pointer after drinking the fluid in the first room
titiz94
Unregistered

Not Solved No more pointer after drinking the fluid in the first room
Bonjour,

I just started the game and I can't leave the first room.
Once I drink the fluid, the pointer disappears and I can't interact with anything anymore !

I started a new game and had the same problem.

Coulld you help me on this ?

Thank you
05-30-2018, 10:15 PM
TiManGames Offline

Threads: 22
Not Solved RE: No more pointer after drinking the fluid in the first room
Send here you hpl.log file. You can find it on MyDocuments>myGames>soma>main>hpl.log

Also, did you try to interact with the exit door?

05-31-2018, 08:40 AM
Find Reply
titiz94
Unregistered

I tried to interact with the front door but nothing happened.

I attached the hpl.log. There's a lot of erros :

[...]
Game Running
--------------------------------------------------------
Loading keybinds - file version:5
--- Started streaming map 'main_menu' ---
Failed parsing of XML document F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SOMA/maps/main_menu/main_menu.voice: file not found
Failed parsing of XML document F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SOMA/maps/main_menu/main_menu.lang: file not found
ERROR: Skipping map specific voice file 'maps/main_menu.voice', not found!
ERROR: Could not get group with path 'frontend/' in project 'special_fx'. Reason: An invalid parameter was passed to this function.
ERROR: Could not get group with path 'frontend/' in project 'special_fx'. Reason: An invalid parameter was passed to this function.
-------------- SAVE THREAD INIT -----------------
-------------- SAVE THREAD COMPLETED -----------------
Delayed function:  object:
-------------- LOADING GAME -----------------
Started loading save file AutoSave_00-01-apartment_2018_5_30_20_48_37_0.sav
Map script loading started
Map script loading completed
--- Started streaming map '00_01_apartment' ---
Character with name Player does not exist in voice handler!
ERROR: Couldn't create material 'Wood Robust.mat'
WARNING: Sub mesh '00_01_tap_(Conflict_Present)' does not exist in mesh '00_01_tap_pouring.msh'!
ERROR: Could not find bone '00_01_tap_(Conflict_Present)' in model 'F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SOMA/entities/organic/water/pouring/00_01_tap_pouring/00_01_tap_pouring.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone '00_01_tap00_01_tap_(Conflict_Added)' in model 'F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SOMA/entities/organic/water/pouring/00_01_tap_pouring/00_01_tap_pouring.ent'
ERROR: Loading entity tap_pouring: Skeletons in mesh file (F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SOMA/entities/organic/water/pouring/00_01_tap_pouring/00_01_tap_pouring.msh) and .ent file (F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SOMA/entities/organic/water/pouring/00_01_tap_pouring/00_01_tap_pouring.ent) differ! Probably caused by .ent not being up to date with mesh
ERROR: Couldn't create material 'Default Soft.mat'
WARNING: Sub mesh '00_01_tap_(Conflict_Present)' does not exist in mesh '00_01_tap_pouring.msh'!
ERROR: Could not find bone '00_01_tap_(Conflict_Present)' in model 'F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SOMA/entities/organic/water/pouring/00_01_tap_pouring/00_01_tap_pouring.ent'
ERROR: Could not find bone '00_01_tap00_01_tap_(Conflict_Added)' in model 'F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SOMA/entities/organic/water/pouring/00_01_tap_pouring/00_01_tap_pouring.ent'
ERROR: Loading entity tap_pouring_kitchen: Skeletons in mesh file (F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SOMA/entities/organic/water/pouring/00_01_tap_pouring/00_01_tap_pouring.msh) and .ent file (F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SOMA/entities/organic/water/pouring/00_01_tap_pouring/00_01_tap_pouring.ent) differ! Probably caused by .ent not being up to date with mesh
ERROR: Could not find bone 'Root_Ctrl' in model 'F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SOMA/entities/character/player/hands/hands_human.ent'
ERROR: Loading entity Recreated Entity: Skeletons in mesh file (F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SOMA/entities/character/player/hands/hands_human.msh) and .ent file (F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SOMA/entities/character/player/hands/hands_human.ent) differ! Probably caused by .ent not being up to date with mesh
--- Started streaming map '00_02_subway' ---
-------------- LOADING GAME COMPLETE -----------------
----- GOT FOCUS ----------
ERROR: Could not create event data 'player/footsteps/sneaker/small_room/wood_brittle'. Cause: The requested event, event group, event category or event property could not be found.
ERROR: Could not find sound event data player/footsteps/sneaker/small_room/wood_brittle
ERROR: Could not find sound entity MenuBGNoise in Sound_Stop
-------------- SAVING GAME -----------------
Started save file AutoSave_00-01-apartment_2018_5_30_23_16_36_0.sav
Cloud saved: Main/AutoSave_00-01-apartment_2018_5_30_23_16_36_0.sav
--- Started streaming map 'main_menu' ---
Failed parsing of XML document F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SOMA/maps/main_menu/main_menu.voice: file not found
Failed parsing of XML document F:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/SOMA/maps/main_menu/main_menu.lang: file not found
WARNING: Could not find player start node ''
ERROR: StartPos '' does not exist!
ERROR: Skipping map specific voice file 'maps/main_menu.voice', not found!
[...]

Thank you TiManGames

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 13.93 KB / Downloads: 1)
06-02-2018, 04:25 PM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 58
I guess you can try to do a Steam integrity check for the game. In the Steam client, right click > properties > Local files > Verify integrity of game cache. Maybe that'll help.

06-02-2018, 09:36 PM
Find Reply
Unregistered

Thank you Mudbill.
I tried the verification tool but it did not find any issue. I started the game and the problem was still here.
So I uninstalled the game, and installed it again but the problem was still here.
06-03-2018, 02:16 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.

[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.