Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Northern Block - missing 1st diary page
ScuseMe Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Northern Block - missing 1st diary page

Now I know this might be a play issue, but the game does not present me with the 1/3 page of Daniel's diary in the Northern Block.

After completing this level and moving on to the Cistern, I realized that I was missing the 1st page of Daniel's diary. I decided to load a previous save game and get it. But after an hour of searching I couldn't find it. I decided to download a walkthrough and follow it, but I reached the same result - one of the diary pages is missing.

I'm running a Mac through Steam. I thought the developers should know.
11-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Northern Block - missing 1st diary page

(11-16-2010, 05:54 PM)davva Wrote: OT: i was messing about in the config and saw a line that said;

<Player_Lantern

Color="0.66 0.23 0.49 0.2"

and now i don't remember the original values, can someone tell me the colour scheme (or what it's called ._.)

you can find it in /amnesia/redist/config/game
scroll down untill you see the line <Player_Lantern Color="numbershere"
its almost at the end. thanks =)

Uh.. make your own topic?

ON TOPIC:

Maybe it is intentionally missing? I'm at the northern block right now, I'll see if I find it.
11-17-2010, 11:58 PM
Find
ScuseMe Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Northern Block - missing 1st diary page

(11-16-2010, 05:54 PM)davva Wrote: Uh.. make your own topic?

ON TOPIC:

Maybe it is intentionally missing? I'm at the northern block right now, I'll see if I find it.

Hi,

Thanks for your "on topic response" Smile

The walkthrough I found on the web specifically says there are 3 diary pages. I did think it was strange that the 1st page I found was 2/3, not 1/3. I think Amnesia labels the diary pages in the order you find the placeholders, not for a particular location. Anyway....I followed the walkthrough and couldn't locate the 3rd page. Luckily, I just continued with the game, but I thought it was strange nonetheless.

I'm interested in finding out what you come up with. I'm playing the Mac version on Steam, so I don't know if that makes a difference.
11-18-2010, 01:45 AM
Find