Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to access hard mode (Steam)
Zulkesh Offline

Threads: 1
Not Solved Sad  Unable to access hard mode (Steam)

Hi all! I just got a new computer to play hard mode, and I started up steam, installed Amnesia, went through the first time startup process, and viola. No hard mode option whatsoever. Literally any advice would be appreciated, not sure if it's a corrupted file during installation or what, but I really want to play hard mode! 

Thanks so much guys! 

Regards, Zulkesh
10-01-2018, 06:27 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Not Solved RE: Unable to access hard mode (Steam)

Hey there!

Due to an error with the Hard Mode, it was briefly pulled from the Steam build. Assuming you own the game on Steam, you may opt-in to the beta which is currently going on!

Right click Amnesia in your Steam Library, go to Properties, the Betas tab, and opt into the public_beta (the Hard Mode beta). Smile Frictional will push an update once some slightly overlooked errors are patched up in the current build.

Disregard the above, the update has now gone live. If the game has not updated, you may need to restart your Steam Client for it to refresh your downloads.

Best of luck, and sorry about the delays!

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2018, 06:24 PM by Romulator.)
10-02-2018, 04:39 PM
Find
Zulkesh Offline

(10-02-2018, 04:39 PM)Romulator Wrote: Hey there!

Due to an error with the Hard Mode, it was briefly pulled from the Steam build. Assuming you own the game on Steam, you may opt-in to the beta which is currently going on!

Right click Amnesia in your Steam Library, go to Properties, the Betas tab, and opt into the public_beta (the Hard Mode beta). Smile Frictional will push an update once some slightly overlooked errors are patched up in the current build.

Disregard the above, the update has now gone live. If the game has not updated, you may need to restart your Steam Client for it to refresh your downloads.

Best of luck, and sorry about the delays!

Oh, no worries! Didn't realize it would take some time for the devs, so no worries. Thank you for the info it is much appreciated good sir! Game on!
10-02-2018, 08:33 PM
Find
Zulkesh Offline

I restarted steam client, and still no hard mode option?! Man, I feel like this is about to be a drag...
10-03-2018, 02:23 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

I received the update through Steam about an hour after it went public, a few hours ago. Perhaps it's rolled out differently in different places, not sure. Maybe give it a few more hours.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2018, 03:21 AM by Mudbill.)
10-03-2018, 03:20 AM
Find
kirakatve Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 10

The Hard Mode patch is up for the Windows version on Steam! Sounds strange if it isn't downloading. If you have another operating system, we will release the patch early next week.

Your friendly neighbour the community manager.
10-03-2018, 08:38 AM
Find