Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDL.dll was not found
RestlessComfort
Unregistered

Not Solved SDL.dll was not found
Hello.

I am having issues with my amnesia.exe application on my laptop. I bought the game roughly 4 years ago and have since lost my disc version of the game. I had deleted it from my computer to make room for other games but kept the update file so it would reinstall the game when I was ready to play it again. I have the install key still so I figured I was all set. However, after running the update, having it reinstall, and attempting to run the game again, it gave me an error reading as follows:

"Amnesia.exe - System Error

The code execution cannot proceed because SDL.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem."

I deleted the game again and re-downloaded it multiple times, but it always comes up with this error. I even tried scanning it with malwarebytes and ccleaner to see if I could fix the issue, but it has been to no avail. I absolutely loved this game and am heartbroken I cannot get back into it and show my support to the developers. Is there someway to fix this? Possibly get a digital copy to replace it? Or will I have to buy the entire game again, which in my current financial state, is not possible? Please help and thank you for any future assistance.
10-12-2018, 12:34 AM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.

[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.