Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Material editor
Hooumeri Offline

Threads: 11
Material editor

Could someone shed some light on the material editor? I check the wiki but it's not really something I could learn with..

I'd like to create a painting of my own, using my own jpg files. What do I need to do to make them work?

Do I need another program or will the material editor provided be enough? (providing that I have the .jpg files)
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2010, 09:34 PM by Hooumeri.)
11-18-2010, 09:31 PM
Find
machosalad Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Material editor

As far as i know, you will have to use the model editor to make enities like paintings.
You can use the model editor to load the paintings used in the game in the entities folder, replace the image with one of your own and save it as your own entity.

I don't know exactly how the model editor works, but would guess it works somewhat like that.
11-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Find
Hooumeri Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Material editor

(11-20-2010, 07:35 PM)machosalad Wrote: As far as i know, you will have to use the model editor to make enities like paintings.
You can use the model editor to load the paintings used in the game in the entities folder, replace the image with one of your own and save it as your own entity.

I don't know exactly how the model editor works, but would guess it works somewhat like that.

Model editor requires you to have .mat files, which are generated using the material editor.

I got some working, but then some dont work. I've tried both PNG and JPG, I've rescaled them, sometimes rescaling works, sometimes it doesnt. Does anyone know if the material editor has some limitations in the picture size for example?

I noticed someone had a 1920x1080 sized file being used as .mat, I tried with the same picture and it worked. I cant understand why some of mine dont work.. Maybe something about the colors, anyone..?
11-22-2010, 04:53 PM
Find