Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Need help with making a script
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36
RE: Need help with making a script

(11-21-2010, 09:27 PM)LoneWolf Wrote: I know this, i just dont know how to use them properly, and i dont understand what im supposed to put in some parts. Why do you always post meaningless things in my threads Kyle?

They are not pointless. Why should you ask, according to your first post, how to have noises and particle effects?

It says it in the script function page.

For example: CreateParticleSystemAtEntity(string& asPSName, string& asPSFile, string& asEntity, bool abSavePS); is the particle effect code. Just listen to what it asks. It wants the PSName in the first one, so you give it.

The thing that you should just do is to look at examples from the actual game and custom stories. It is easier and faster than asking the forums, as I learned from past experiences.

11-21-2010, 11:32 PM
Find
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43

Okay you must not understand what i really want. I want to know how to make the particle effects work after i break the passageway. I have no idea how to make it happen at the right time, i can onyl make things happen when i walk into a script area.
11-22-2010, 12:59 AM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

(11-22-2010, 12:59 AM)LoneWolf Wrote: Okay you must not understand what i really want. I want to know how to make the particle effects work after i break the passageway. I have no idea how to make it happen at the right time, i can onyl make things happen when i walk into a script area.

You use time floats or you put the particle effect in a certain function that happens when you bust the wall down.
AddTimer(string& asName, float afTime, string& asFunction);

For example:

void Func(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
AddTimer("[Anything]" , 2.0f [how long to wait before the next function starts] , "[Name of Function that will happen]);
}
void Func02(string &in asTimer)
{
[Whatever you want to happen. As in this case, the particle effect]
}

11-22-2010, 02:03 AM
Find
anzki Offline

Threads: 6

Also use search! There is a million answers to that question(also). For example here!

[Image: 2qnr5av.png]
11-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Find