Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only audio and menus.
Ezprezo Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Only audio and menus.

Specs: Intel G41 Express Chipset
Intel Celeron CPU E3300 @ 2.50GHz

Problem: I got the game running. Can click menu items, and enter the game. Upon entering the game, the screen is completely black with a small white dot in the middle. The audio is working great. I hear my foot steps and the guy talking. I can also go to the menu, open my log, and my inventory. I can also walk up to items and see/click them.

I am very tech savvy. Feel free to use any terms to help describe the issue or request information. Thank you in advance to all who try to help me.
Did a graphics compatibility test for those who are familiar with what it is supposed to look like. Every single test has the exact same issue. Except the last one seems to work with the effect but it still has the messed up graphics.

[Image: gametest.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2010, 06:14 PM by Ezprezo.)
11-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Only audio and menus.

You have an integrated intel card, It probably wont work.
11-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Find
Ezprezo Offline

Threads: 1

It should be noted I can play Penumbra perfectly with moderate settings. But if that uses something different than this one. So be it I suppose. If anyone else has any ideas, feel free to share them.

I will most likely purchase Penumbra; however, a customer is lost with this new game until there is better support for a wider range of people.
11-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

(11-22-2010, 09:07 PM)Ezprezo Wrote: It should be noted I can play Penumbra perfectly with moderate settings. But if that uses something different than this one. So be it I suppose. If anyone else has any ideas, feel free to share them.

I will most likely purchase Penumbra; however, a customer is lost with this new game until there is better support for a wider range of people.

Well, for one, Penumbra uses an older version of HPL. Amnesia has updated features, so that may very well be the cause.
11-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Currently Amnesia does not run on Intel integrated graphics, which is most likely due to the OpenGL drivers Intel supplies. So it is not something we can fix.

HPL2, which Amnesia uses, has a completely new render, so that is why Penumbra works but not Amnesia.

When Penumbra was first released, it did not work on Intel integrated graphics either, eventually Intel updated their drivers to be more inline with graphics cards (nvidia, ati). There is always hope that they will eventually catch up again.
11-23-2010, 07:31 AM
Website Find