Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Frictional Devs: Artwork
Aphotic Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Frictional Devs: Artwork

(12-07-2010, 06:15 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: Yeah, I must have used that drillbit on a coconut and just hallucinated the morbid part. You guys remember a coconut?

Right, because once we injected ourselves with the coconut milk, there was no telling what was real and what wasn't.
12-07-2010, 07:38 AM
Find
Crabski Offline

Threads: 2

(12-06-2010, 09:53 PM)Spooder Wekd Wrote:
(12-06-2010, 03:44 AM)Japface Wrote:
(12-05-2010, 03:23 AM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: Meh. It's a little too morbid for my tastes...

Wasn't the universe in amnesia morbid?

Spoiler below!

Not really. Well, it was, but it was not all about the death and all that. In fact, death never even came up until the very end. Even then it was about Daniel and his relationship with himself and reality, more than the deaths he caused; they were only a physical representation of Alexander's evil and his ability to manipulate.

This. Amnesia was more about confusion and fear, and related concepts. There wasn't this level of morbidity really anywhere.

Spoiler below!
The morgue was arguably closest, but even that handled the dead with a more respectful tone. There were never any fields of dead, rotted, and strung up corpses or the like.
12-08-2010, 01:20 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

You must have missed the
Spoiler below!
irreverent pile of dead, along with several unceremoniously dumped bodies throughout.

Plus all of the enemies are horribly and supernaturally disfigured people.
12-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Find
Japface Offline

Threads: 4

i would say teh game was morbid... think about all the torture, the experiments, the piles of dead bodies, the poison alexander gave to people and sealed them in the basement, the monsters that he has created from failed experiments, now guarding the castle, the torture he used on animals. i mean lets face it, he used torture to try and get the vitae he needed, then would repeat it over and over again and then kill them and dump their bodies.

regardless of what you think amnesia was as morbid as this is really irrelevant since i wasnt calling for a new amnesia game, nor have the developers expressed interest in doing another amnesia game right now. i thought the art style fit the hp lovecraft inspired stuff they like since it was a) creepy and morbid, but also b) fascinating and otherworldly.
12-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Find