Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could not load AddOn batch file
oreo.uwu
Unregistered

Not Solved Could not load AddOn batch file
Trying to play Soma with add-ons, for example Soma in Hard Mode, but every time I try to load up an add-on I get this error. I searched everywhere but there's only 2 or 3 posts about it and nobody knows how to fix this issue. Can somebody please help me fix this issue?
12-24-2018, 02:46 PM
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
Not Solved RE: Could not load AddOn batch file
Could you post the full error you are getting, or perhaps a screenshot of the window showing the error?

12-26-2018, 06:46 PM
Find
Unregistered

[attachment=6563 Wrote:Abion47 pid='365488' dateline='1545846414']
.png   stupiderror.PNG (Size: 24.71 KB / Downloads: 250)
.png   stupiderror.PNG (Size: 24.71 KB / Downloads: 250)
.png   stupiderror.PNG (Size: 24.71 KB / Downloads: 250) Could you post the full error you are getting, or perhaps a screenshot of the window showing the error?
12-26-2018, 07:09 PM
Abion47 Offline

Is "C:/Users/Abigail.Desktop" the path to where Soma is installed on your computer? Also, what platform are you playing Soma on (e.g. Steam, GoG, etc.)?

12-26-2018, 07:24 PM
Find
Unregistered

(12-26-2018, 07:24 PM)Abion47 Wrote: Is "C:/Users/Abigail.Desktop" the path to where Soma is installed on your computer? Also, what platform are you playing Soma on (e.g. Steam, GoG, etc.)?
I believe so and I only used Steam. Not too long ago I downloaded "SOMA Hard Mode" from ModDB to see if it solved the issue and I still got the same error.
12-26-2018, 08:41 PM
Abion47 Offline

The path "C:/Users/Abigail.Desktop" on a Windows computer is typically the root path to your user files, assuming your username for the machine was "Abigail.Desktop". The error message implies that it's looking for the add-on files in that folder, which would be extremely unusual for them to be there. On Steam, the default install path would be "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/SOMA", and any add-on you download from the Workshop would be somewhere like "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/workshop/282140/<add_on_id_#>".

Could you try to load the add-on again? If it fails again, reply here with your "hpl.log" file attached. (Instructions on where to find it are at the bottom of this troubleshooting guide.)

12-28-2018, 05:48 AM
Find
Unregistered

(12-28-2018, 05:48 AM)Abion47 Wrote: The path "C:/Users/Abigail.Desktop" on a Windows computer is typically the root path to your user files, assuming your username for the machine was "Abigail.Desktop". The error message implies that it's looking for the add-on files in that folder, which would be extremely unusual for them to be there. On Steam, the default install path would be "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/SOMA", and any add-on you download from the Workshop would be somewhere like "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/workshop/282140/<add_on_id_#>".

Could you try to load the add-on again? If it fails again, reply here with your "hpl.log" file attached. (Instructions on where to find it are at the bottom of this troubleshooting guide.)
In the Launcher file **** Launching add-ons batch with command: I tried to switch them but got the same error.

Attached Files
.log   Launcher.log (Size: 6.24 KB / Downloads: 192)
12-28-2018, 03:20 PM
Abion47 Offline

In the log file, it says it's trying to launch the file in the folder "C:\Users\Abigail.DESKTOP-DD4K4BS\AppData\Roaming/SOMAModLauncher". In your screenshot of the error message, however, the path stops at "C:/Users/Abigail.Desktop". My guess then is that the launcher for some reason doesn't like the dash in your username. My suggestion (annoyingly enough) is to make a new account on your computer without a dash, or to be completely safe, with only letters and numbers (no symbols or spaces). Then try launching the game while logged into that user and see if you get the same error.

12-29-2018, 07:28 AM
Find
Unregistered

Turns out the dash is probably why I couldn't play SOMA with addons. My other account on my pc didn't give me the error when I started up the game with an addon. I did rename my pc, but in Users the name "Abigail.DESKTOP-DD4K4BS" is still there. For some odd reason I didn't give me an option to rename the file on my account, but my second account it gave me the option to rename it. Unfortunately, I got an error when trying to rename it. I'll figure out a way to fix it. For now I can only play SOMA with addons on my second account. Thanks for helping me out. I appreciate it.
12-30-2018, 04:48 AM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Great that you guys got to the bottom of this. I'll forward it and perhaps it can be fixed in a future software update to SOMA.

12-30-2018, 03:27 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.