Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arches?
Madmike Offline

Threads: 1
Arches?

so ive been messing with the level editor for about a week now, made some stuff im pretty proud of and started making my level a bit more intricate, but for the life of me i can figure out how to make a custom arch shape. i get the feeling i should be able to do it with the primitives but i cant figure out how to make anything but a flat plane. This has been getting to me for a few days now and i just cant figure it out, any help would be greatly appreciated.
12-04-2010, 04:29 AM
Find
Hooumeri Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Arches?

(12-04-2010, 04:29 AM)Madmike Wrote: so ive been messing with the level editor for about a week now, made some stuff im pretty proud of and started making my level a bit more intricate, but for the life of me i can figure out how to make a custom arch shape. i get the feeling i should be able to do it with the primitives but i cant figure out how to make anything but a flat plane. This has been getting to me for a few days now and i just cant figure it out, any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can't use any of the stock ones?
I can't find a way to make an arch with the planes, only way would be to make a new entity/plane..

PS. Are you from DK?
12-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Find
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 19

Hooumeri is right. Planes are the only primitive supported so far, and they are mostly used for creating floors and ceilings. Only way to create a custom arch is getting your hands dirty in a 3D modeling tool.

EOF
12-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Find
Madmike Offline

Threads: 1

i found an oddly shaped pillar that that filled the gap pretty nicely, doesnt look the best having an all stone castle with some random wood thrown in but i can make it work. I guess im just a bit more used to the source sdk were almost nothing was prebuilt and you had to make all the shapes yourself. Thanks anyways for trying to help, and im from US, not even really sure what DK is.
12-05-2010, 03:53 AM
Find
Hooumeri Offline

Threads: 11

(12-05-2010, 03:53 AM)Madmike Wrote: i found an oddly shaped pillar that that filled the gap pretty nicely, doesnt look the best having an all stone castle with some random wood thrown in but i can make it work. I guess im just a bit more used to the source sdk were almost nothing was prebuilt and you had to make all the shapes yourself. Thanks anyways for trying to help, and im from US, not even really sure what DK is.

Denmark :p I just have a friend I know who calls himself MadMike in online games so I began thinking..
12-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Find