Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Overture and Black Plague crash after first room
ryandert Offline

Threads: 1
Not Solved Overture and Black Plague crash after first room

I have played Overture on this computer before with no problems. However, today when I began playing it, I started a new game, and when I finished the boat area and clicked on the door, the loading text came up, I clicked, and the screen transitioned to the outside area. I could not move, so I clicked and upon doing so the game crashed. Black Box came up but failed to load after 23%. Troubleshooters could not identify the problem. I have checked the Troubleshooting page and countless entries of the forum; I have updated my drivers; I have tested each compatability mode; I have deleted, moved, and edited "settings.cfg"; I have verified the filed via Steam; I have changed graphics settings; and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. After each of these (and more), I still cannot get the game to work. The exact same problem has also occurred with Black Plague. This problem does not exist within either Amnesia game or SOMA on this exact same computer, and as stated it has not existed here previously until today. I have attached an hpl.log for Overture and Black Plague, as well as my system information; game version is Steam. Any information and help would be greatly appreciated, as this is my favourite series and I would hate to be unable to play it again.

Thanks,
-Ryan

Attached Files
.log   (Overture)hpl.log (Size: 6.96 KB / Downloads: 183)
.log   (Black Plague)hpl.log (Size: 19.13 KB / Downloads: 179)
.txt   DxDiag.txt (Size: 88.04 KB / Downloads: 224)
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2019, 12:50 PM by ryandert.)
12-31-2018, 06:18 AM
Find
Unregistered

Not Solved RE: Overture and Black Plague crash after first room

There seems to be a problem with Steam-launcher and compatibility modes.
I had the same problem and fixed it like this:
Compatibility mode: Windows Vista, Service pack 1.
Do not use Steam to launch the game, use the penumbra.exe in the game's redist folder!

that's all.
01-04-2020, 08:19 AM