Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corrupt Data
Lightfoot Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago Corrupt Data

Hey I bought Amnesia maybe two three days ago and extracted the files from the zip but, when I try to run the program it says my files are corrupted.

It's possible there was a problem when the data was transferred from the frictional server to my pc but, I was asleep during the transfer so I can't really know.

Can anybody give me a heads up as to if my pc's incompatible or there's some trick to it or possibly, could friction send me another copy of the game?

P.S. I've uploaded the demo and it seems to be fine. Is that an indication as to whether my driver's should run this program?

Cheers
-Lightfoot
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2010, 06:42 AM by Lightfoot.)
12-05-2010, 06:26 AM
Website Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Corrupt Data

If the demo works, the full game should work. Might be that the download is corrupt, but if you could unzip the file you downloaded it seems unlikely and probably something else that is wrong.
What is the exact error message and from where did you download? We have more than one download location.
12-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Website Find
Lightfoot Offline

I open the program and go through the installation protocols, then when it get's to the installing sequence it pops up with...

The error report reads:
>>
C:\Program Files\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\install files\url_icon\icon_created_by.url

An error occured while trying to read the source file:
The source file is currupted
12-11-2010, 05:47 AM
Website Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

You get this message when you run the installer, so while it is copying all the files this message pops up and the installer ends?

In this case, I am guessing that you might have a anti-virus program running or something similar that interferes with the installer.
12-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Website Find
Lightfoot Offline

You reckon?
Hm, I'll take a look and see what I come up with.
12-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Website Find