Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Would the ability to attack positively expand gameplay for the sequel?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Definitely yes
13.56%
8 13.56%
To some extent
13.56%
8 13.56%
No
72.88%
43 72.88%
Total 59 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Amnesia 2: The Dark Ascent
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Amnesia 2: The Dark Ascent

(12-16-2010, 09:42 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: If all you hated in Penumbra was the combat, just avoid the dogs in Overture, and have a BALL in Black Plague/Requiem.

Its not only the combat system, the enemy choice, the map layouts the story, the only awesome bit was the puzzles, the dog kennels in the dark and the end, other then that its running around in circles with a pick axe stuck to your elbows and aliens casually strolling around and it feels like a chore to play it, honestly I'd rather wash dishes, at least I know I'm getting progress doing that
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2010, 06:31 PM by DIGI Byte.)
12-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Find
TrantaLocked Offline

Threads: 1

(12-17-2010, 06:04 PM)Scraper Wrote: Requiem was awesome!
I don't understand why people hated it so much...

And I don't understand why this topic is now about how good Requiem was :3
12-17-2010, 07:40 PM
Find
Shev Offline

Threads: 25

Only way I could see a sequel happening is
Spoiler below!
if the game took place in that other dimension.

and don't let the whole 'Ability to attack theme' make you guys think it would ruin the game. I mean honestly be a bit more open minded.

Spoiler below!
If it took place in that other dimension, most likely weapons wouldn't work on the majority of the enemies. And there'd be some weird alien (as in strange, not space alien) type of weapons that your character probably wouldn't know how to operate, and would be so strange it wouldn't even work like a weapon in our world.

You probably wouldn't pull a trigger on it, or swing it to use it. It'd be some weird thing that would expand the possibility for puzzles.

Infact, some weapons might just be so complex that you would need to do some major puzzle to figure out how to use them, and maybe use them once. It wouldn't be anything like in our world if it where to take place in the other dimension.

If it where just in the castle, I could see guns being added but have huge downsides. Like one of those old flintlock pistols. For example.

1. Ammo is easy to find, gunpowder is NOT. And occasionally the game flips it where you'll find a ton of gunpowder but no ammo, and you can only carry so much of either.

2. Loud noises from the shots will attract another enemy, so weapons would only buy you a small amount of time.

3. It'd probably just suck to, and if you miss or screw up then you wasted a shot, a enemys coming, and the enemy in the area probably knows where you are now.

i spam meme 4 raeg
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010, 05:06 AM by Shev.)
12-18-2010, 05:01 AM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20

(12-18-2010, 05:01 AM)Shev Wrote: and don't let the whole 'Ability to attack theme' make you guys think it would ruin the game. I mean honestly be a bit more open minded.

Spoiler below!
If it took place in that other dimension, most likely weapons wouldn't work on the majority of the enemies. And there'd be some weird alien (as in strange, not space alien) type of weapons that your character probably wouldn't know how to operate, and would be so strange it wouldn't even work like a weapon in our world.

You probably wouldn't pull a trigger on it, or swing it to use it. It'd be some weird thing that would expand the possibility for puzzles.

[Image: uncle-char.jpg]
one MORE! thing...
Magic, must defeat MAGIC!

uncle will get chi spell
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010, 08:10 AM by DIGI Byte.)
12-18-2010, 08:07 AM
Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

my game would have some strange stuff

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
06-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Do NOT bump old threads.

06-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Website Find