Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Would the ability to attack positively expand gameplay for the sequel?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Definitely yes
13.56%
8 13.56%
To some extent
13.56%
8 13.56%
No
72.88%
43 72.88%
Total 59 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Amnesia 2: The Dark Ascent
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Amnesia 2: The Dark Ascent

No offense, but these "Hey, Frictional! I know how to make games better than you" threads are getting old. The reason you are on these forums is because Frictional know what they are doing. They don'y have time to read all these things and they don't really need to. They have a reliable fanbase and for good reason. The Amnesia sequel crap is getting old as well. They are not making another, the story is over. They said the next game might not even be horror...
Like I said, this is not a personal attack, those ideas are probably good ones(I'm not about to read that wall of text) but its getting old hearing the same ideas over and over. It rarely leads to good forum discussions
12-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Website Find
TrantaLocked Offline

Threads: 1

(12-11-2010, 11:19 PM)LoneWolf Wrote: Weapons ruin horror games, yes maybe inventory equipment/weapons for certain things for puzzles, eg. bomb. But no actual weapon mechanics would ruin it. 1 main reason why i wanted amnesia and why i find it one of the best horrors out is because you cant fight back.

Only thing i want to be solved is the ai. The ai is dumb and ruins the fear alot, 1 sec it sees you next sec its walkign in wrogn direction. Not sure if enemys were supposed to be like this as they were described in game, i think by alexander, as dumb.

I get what you are saying, but if a sequel were made without weapons, it would just be Amnesia 1 going back up the castle in a possibly different route. Nothing would make it worth buying the game for because we already have the original fun in the first game. If Frictional wants to make a sequel actual worth buying they need to add things to make the experience different. Either they make a sequel with some new features (for example, my idea the sword/rifle attack) or just make a different game entirely (as they are planning). I for one want to see a sequel and would gladly see how the game would work with attacking. I think it would be fun.

But I guess since Frictional already announced they are not making a sequel all this discussion may not make much of a difference. I hope some day they consider my ideas and make the sequel.

And to Spooder, I really had no idea it was getting old. I just came to this forum a day ago, and made the topic just in case Frictional games really was planning for a sequel. I don't feel better than them obviously, every one that makes any thing in this world doesn't just live under a rock and start making up ideas by themselves. They are influenced by others and use their own creativity as well, and I'm just contributing to any possible brainstorming.

Whatever happens, what's done is done I guess.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2010, 02:03 AM by TrantaLocked.)
12-12-2010, 01:55 AM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

(12-11-2010, 08:04 AM)TrantaLocked Wrote: In that room, find a special potion that when applied to an object it will allow that object to interact with, and ultimately harm, spirits.

Stopped reading right there. Sorry, but no. Just no.
12-12-2010, 08:22 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

(12-12-2010, 01:55 AM)TrantaLocked Wrote: I get what you are saying, but if a sequel were made without weapons, it would just be Amnesia 1 going back up the castle in a possibly different route. Nothing would make it worth buying the game for because we already have the original fun in the first game.

Yet people who played Penumbra Black Plague played and loved Amnesia. The style of game is similar, but enough things are different, and the game/puzzles themselves were not repeated. I daresay we still have a lot of space in this game style before a weapon is really the only option available to improve it.
12-14-2010, 02:28 AM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20

Penumbra sucked, the weapon system was like swinging with a hammer whilst holding them in chopsticks, Penumbra was a disappointment for me on so many levels of fail, but amnesia... amnesia is pure beauty, I humbly commend the game director and his fellow henchmen

one thing I DO want to see in their next game... is animation blending, mixing 2 or 3 other animations together at the same time.
tagging too... meaning you can apply animations from one shape of skeleton of character to any other without having to animate every character
I'd also like to see dynamic animation modifying, I didn't notice but I don't think the AI/npc's could turn their head and look at things, i'd like to see monsters pick up things look at them and put them down somewhere else like any creature does

oh, foot snapping when walking... feet should touch the ground dynamically, its a shame when you see a beautiful game engine with powerful features, but the walking animation makes the character do the hovering moon walk up and down stairs.... just a heads up to the dev's if they read this... its something that isn't in unreal 3 game engine Wink
if frictional games can do that foot thing... then they will have my humbled respect as a game modder, critic and a player

For me... I tend to look at the game engine and what it can do before I appreciate its heart and soul, and I will say I'm humbled by amnesia's, I look forward to new things, more powerful features with simple ease of use

anyway I didnt mean to turn this post into a personal rant, pick at things but I wanted to say it Smile
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2010, 01:34 PM by DIGI Byte.)
12-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

If all you hated in Penumbra was the combat, just avoid the dogs in Overture, and have a BALL in Black Plague/Requiem.
12-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

(12-16-2010, 09:42 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: If all you hated in Penumbra was the combat, just avoid the dogs in Overture, and have a BALL in Black Plague/Requiem.

Requiem was disappointing, to say the least.

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
12-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

I heartily disagree, I quite enjoyed it as the puzzle pack it was.
12-17-2010, 04:51 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(12-16-2010, 09:57 PM)Frontcannon Wrote: Requiem was disappointing, to say the least.

A puzzle based game can cause horrific expectations. Whose fault is that?

12-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Website Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Requiem was awesome!
I don't understand why people hated it so much...

12-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Website Find