Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE no good?
The Trumpet Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE no good?

Getting the standard startup crash that a lot of people have been getting.

Updated drivers and whatnot, then looked around and saw that someone with an FX 5500 couldn't play because the card wasn't able to at all.

Is my card pretty much screwed as well?
12-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE no good?

If memory serves, thats is just an integrated graphics chip. Not a graphics card, shouldn't really be used for gaming. Do you game on your PC? (I'm talking real games, not just like simple ones) You might have to get a graphics card. One that can run amnesia will probably go for 50-100 bucks. But if you're considering a good card for more heavy games, you'll want to shoot closer to 200 dollars.
12-12-2010, 12:02 AM
Website Find
The Trumpet Offline

(12-12-2010, 12:02 AM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: If memory serves, thats is just an integrated graphics chip. Not a graphics card, shouldn't really be used for gaming. Do you game on your PC? (I'm talking real games, not just like simple ones) You might have to get a graphics card. One that can run amnesia will probably go for 50-100 bucks. But if you're considering a good card for more heavy games, you'll want to shoot closer to 200 dollars.

Oh I game pretty heavily yeah lol. WoW, UT2004, a number of FPS's all run great. Although I am trying to think of a recent game other than WoW that I've played and can't really, hmm.

Is there a list of cards that run Amnesia with little to no problem?
This can't hurt.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2010, 08:48 AM by The Trumpet.)
12-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

It's the bare minimum you can run Amnesia on, but it really requires that you find the correct driver to use. Normally for most cards you simply download and install the latest driver available and Amnesia works fine, but for this type of card the latest driver might not really work. You will then have to try to either use a legacy driver or to download a third party driver like omega drivers. It is also possible that you for example should try and use the latest driver from the NVIDIA 1xx version of drivers, before they went to 2xx versions.
12-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Website Find
The Trumpet Offline

(12-12-2010, 11:12 AM)jens Wrote: It's the bare minimum you can run Amnesia on, but it really requires that you find the correct driver to use. Normally for most cards you simply download and install the latest driver available and Amnesia works fine, but for this type of card the latest driver might not really work. You will then have to try to either use a legacy driver or to download a third party driver like omega drivers. It is also possible that you for example should try and use the latest driver from the NVIDIA 1xx version of drivers, before they went to 2xx versions.

Ok I am downloading http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_197.45_whql.html we shall see what becomes.
Ok so I downloaded those drivers and got the game up and running.

I had to lower resolution down to 800x600 to really get anything moving, but now I start a new game and after the loading screen the screen stays black.

I'm making progress at least lol.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2010, 01:15 PM by The Trumpet.)
12-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Find