Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Pass on the story! Collaboration!
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Pass on the story! Collaboration!

from my modding experience I'd recommend having a set idea that can easily incorporate other peoples ideas/stories, like my suggestions of a horror type fun house in a castle with multiple doors that take you to other places, its a strong way how you can incorporate others ideas while keeping game play/ style and feeling constant with a dreariness to it changing

personally I'd love to see a haunted fun-house castle where you need to get a key from one room for another, you enter a door and it ports you to a sun shiny beach with banjo-kazooie music playing and a bench with a key you need to get.
but if you touch the key something bad happens and you have to get back to the door which you came through which is just kinda sitting there in the sand like its nothing important
12-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Find
Akumasama Offline

Threads: 2

Well, I really want this to be a collaboration, something in which more people are working on a single story.
As I said; No big changes in the middle of a map. Which is what you are referring to if I'm correct.
12-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

you are, the point is... you don't have a writing community here with you... so at best it would be more of a 2-3 person team instead of a community project, people are naturally lazy or not interested in working out a whole scene, that's why working with small ideas from the community would be a stronger end result for the project
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2010, 10:10 PM by DIGI Byte.)
12-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Find
Akumasama Offline

That's why you have a 1 week time limit before you pass the map to the next person, so you won't get bored so easily.
By seeing other people's work, I always get inspiration to make more, thus progressing with the story and map.
And for one, I have faith in the community members that they are not so lazy Wink
I know that Frostcannon is not going to be lazy, knowing him Smile
12-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

(12-13-2010, 10:11 PM)Akumasama Wrote: That's why you have a 1 week time limit before you pass the map to the next person, so you won't get bored so easily.
By seeing other people's work, I always get inspiration to make more, thus progressing with the story and map.
And for one, I have faith in the community members that they are not so lazy Wink
I know that Frostcannon is not going to be lazy, knowing him Smile
lol, I have faith in this community too, I've been spying on you Cool

are you sure 'passing the map around' is a good idea? its kinda like group finger painting by the sounds of it Confused
12-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Find
Akumasama Offline

O.o you bastard xD

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be good if everyone puts effort in it.
It's not like we can't change something if something is not very well made... Ofcourse, I'd like it to stay as much as the member created, but if we must change something, so be it.
PS: It will go through PM, so no one else will see it here on the forum Wink
12-13-2010, 10:25 PM
Find
Alex7754 Offline

Threads: 6

(12-13-2010, 09:59 PM)DIGI Byte Wrote: you have to get back to the door which you came through which is just kinda sitting there in the sand like its nothing important

The Darktower?

Sounds like a pretty cool Idea to me. both do. it would be alot easier to go with digi's idea to start out tho. id make a room for it. probably.
12-14-2010, 12:07 AM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

(12-14-2010, 12:07 AM)Alex7754 Wrote:
(12-13-2010, 09:59 PM)DIGI Byte Wrote: you have to get back to the door which you came through which is just kinda sitting there in the sand like its nothing important

The Darktower?

Sounds like a pretty cool Idea to me. both do. it would be alot easier to go with digi's idea to start out tho. id make a room for it. probably.

The darktower? you calling me a funny name? Tongue
I have no idea what that is unless I Google it...

and your free to use my ideas, I'll help you brain storm and work on a mod that will be released, also if you do go with my suggestion, I suggest having the doors get destroyed, covered (growing meat fungus) or broken on some way once its finished...
I'll even model and animate a clown character npc for your character to talk with
12-14-2010, 12:33 AM
Find
Alex7754 Offline

Threads: 6

(12-14-2010, 12:33 AM)DIGI Byte Wrote:
(12-14-2010, 12:07 AM)Alex7754 Wrote:

The Darktower?

The darktower? you calling me a funny name? Tongue
I have no idea what that is unless I Google it...
(minor SPOILERS, book 2)
The Darktower is 7book series by Stephen king. In the second book "the drawing of the 3", there are doorways to other-worlds standing frame-less on a beach. the main character needs to enter each door and through them "draw" 3 companions from different times and dimensions to aid him on a quest in his own world and later other worlds. They pass through places of many elder monsters and animal faced horrors,ex, to make there way to a dark tower which lies at the center of all worlds. its a very strange story is it not? I thought you got your idea of doors on a beach from the book : o haha
12-14-2010, 12:48 AM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Hahah I wish, no my ideas are my own... mostly unless some kid show from the 90's has corrupted my mind

but its the same idea that I suggested... and 7 books? seriously??? cant the guy cut down to the end quick enough?
12-14-2010, 01:19 AM
Find