Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[Solved]"Your graphics card does not support vertex shaders!"
Creav Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: [Solved]"Your graphics card does not support vertex shaders!"

But I tried newest ATI drivers and Omega Drivers, that means so I can't play? Sad (I hope only demo...)
03-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: [Solved]"Your graphics card does not support vertex shaders!"

Your card "rapports" that it does not support anything, so something must be wrong. Can you play Doom 3 for example?
03-16-2007, 11:25 PM
Find
Dark Offline

Threads: 20

and if you install the latest drivers, that doesent help?
maybe if we made a list (community should help on this :p) where you can find the minimum driver version supported or so?
good or bad idea thomas?

[Image: elfenliednx4.jpg]
03-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Find
Frustratedgamer Offline

Threads: 2

To the mods: Apologies, this should have been posted to the PBP forum (I found this thread with search). Apologies.

------------------------------------------------------

Is it only ATI cards with the vertex error problem?

I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers several times with no luck.

Then I uninstalled the AGP card drivers and tried to install the drivers for my onboard ATI chipset (an older version) from the installation disk that came with my motherboard. I didn't get the chipset working but it did install an older ATI uninstallation utility which (when I ran it uninstalling everything ATI) seemed to uninstall my northbridge and southbridge drivers. At least I think it did, since when I re-reinstalled the latest driver package from ATI it reinstalled northbridge and southbridge drivers, the driver for the AGP card and installed the catalyst control centre and now my system is running PBP on (as far as I know) the brand new drivers...

...leading me to think the issue isn't getting an older ATI driver, but rather getting an older ATI uninstall utility. Or, if your onboard chipsets are ATI. i.e. if you've got an ATI motherboard with ATI northbridge and southbridge, you may have to update drivers for those also.

My inductive reasoning, for what it's worth (I'm not techie enough to deduce or diagnose, but maybe it could shed some new light on the problem for those who are).
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2008, 11:32 AM by ShnitzelKiller.)
10-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Find