Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Amnesia be available for consoles? No!
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20
RE: In Relation to Console Portage

Blech, mario... no thanks... any original ideas?

I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to have mascots thrown in your face over and over... its like disney with mickey mouse.... yes we get it, he's funny hahah.... what else you got?

and zelda is over rated, whats so amazing about a peter pan and dixie? I like the games... but not character design, whats so amazing not a green bandit in tights? most RPG games have those as lvl 2 grunts you farm for EXP
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010, 11:00 PM by DIGI Byte.)
12-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

(12-18-2010, 10:54 PM)DIGI Byte Wrote: Blech, mario... no thanks... any original ideas?

You pwned yourself there xD Mario is in case of gameplay and innovation one of the best series available, and the shit Zelda Ocarina of Time pioneered you would not bieleve ._.

(12-18-2010, 10:54 PM)DIGI Byte Wrote: I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to have mascots thrown in your face over and over... its like disney with mickey mouse.... yes we get it, he's funny hahah.... what else you got?

Those aren't mere mascots, they're icons. Why do you think these are still here?

(12-18-2010, 10:54 PM)DIGI Byte Wrote: and zelda is over rated, whats so amazing about a peter pan and dixie? I like the games... but not character design, whats so amazing not a green bandit in tights? most RPG games have those as lvl 2 grunts you farm for EXP

This argument can be used against EVERYTHING, therefor it's not an argument. What's so amazing about a generic always-the-same war shooter, what's so amazing about some puppets in a lame jump-and-run, what's so amazing about frickling around with a plastic guitar, what's so amazing about an antiquated Indiana-Jones ripoff, etc etc)..

Nintendo is so long-standing because they deliver.

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
12-18-2010, 11:23 PM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20

simply put, I do things once and move on, you say things pionered games? yes, the GAME did... not the chracters, and zelda is kinda bland and not that interesting, zelda's more of a meme face then anything...

Mario, and his crew? yeah cool lil cartoon guys... and they are mascots, when you think nintendo, who is the first character you think off?

my main tiff with nintendo and disney... is they cant let things die. I would like to see them put things aside and do something dedicated and main for themselves without slapping the same crap over other things, if your going to make a new game, why not new characters too?

Its like going over random awesome shows and imposing the same mario face over every lead character in the show.
If you don't agree I have my good friend Yahtzee to back me up on the Nintendo recycle scheme who also criticizes Nintendo's hard throbbing boner for mario over and over...
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010, 11:46 PM by DIGI Byte.)
12-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Find
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43

(12-18-2010, 11:45 PM)DIGI Byte Wrote: simply put, I do things once and move on, you say things pionered games? yes, the GAME did... not the chracters, and zelda is kinda bland and not that interesting, zelda's more of a meme face then anything...

Mario, and his crew? yeah cool lil cartoon guys... and they are mascots, when you think nintendo, who is the first character you think off?

my main tiff with nintendo and disney... is they cant let things die. I would like to see them put things aside and do something dedicated and main for themselves without slapping the same crap over other things, if your going to make a new game, why not new characters too?

Its like going over random awesome shows and imposing the same mario face over every lead character in the show.
If you don't agree I have my good friend Yahtzee to back me up on the Nintendo recycle scheme who also criticizes Nintendo's hard throbbing boner for mario over and over...

Personnal opinion to be honest, i have a wii but dont play it much mainly due to lack of games i enjoy. The wii is more family and kiddy based to be honest. But they do have adult games, just not many that stand out from competition.
12-19-2010, 12:28 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: Is Amnesia should be AVAILABLE on consoles?

(12-18-2010, 04:49 PM)DIGI Byte Wrote: I cant believe you tried arguing with a pure fact, your not thinking the big picture, the only reason games never port from one format to another is mainly cause the game company cant be bothered or has lost the source files to recompile the game (indy companies dont often have to worry about contracts to breach)
[...]
come on, give me ONE legitimate reason why games should not be ported from one platform to another

Here's one reason, and it refutes your first false claim: releasing for a console requires a very expensive license with the console company, and requires a potentially lengthy re-development cycle to adapt it to the console hardware, and requires a commitment to troubleshoot and bugfix for each console market. It's not a trivial coding "SET Ps3 = True" done situation. It's a nuanced business decision, weighing development time against competing projects, bugfixing their current games for Mac/PC/Linux, one or several console ports, and the new HPL3 game they're developing.

They're smart people, they're not fools to throw away consoles, they're doing what's best for their company. Which to date means no console release.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2010, 01:05 AM by hollowleviathan.)
12-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Find
Darkmoon76 Offline

Threads: 0
Xbox 360 Kinect version?

I think a version of Amnesia for Xbox 360 Kinect would be great. Imagine having to run away for real, opening doors, holding the lantern etc.

I think this would make the experience much more intense...
12-30-2010, 08:25 PM
Find
KavazovAngel Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Xbox 360 Kinect version?

(12-30-2010, 08:25 PM)Darkmoon76 Wrote: I think a version of Amnesia for Xbox 360 Kinect would be great. Imagine having to run away for real, opening doors, holding the lantern etc.

I think this would make the experience much more intense...

Imagine carrying a box with you and just hiding behind it every time you see a monster. :p
12-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

How are you supposed to be immersed when you have to stand in front of a TV and mimic a running motion to move??

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
12-31-2010, 04:35 AM
Find
Shev Offline

Threads: 25

(12-31-2010, 04:35 AM)Frontcannon Wrote: How are you supposed to be immersed when you have to stand in front of a TV and mimic a running motion to move??

the same way you immerse yourself by sitting infront of a computer monitor and pressing W,A,D, and occasionally S to move.

It would be cool, but from what I've seen the kinect is just another eyetoy. So we'll have to wait until decent technology for moving inside of the game or whatever comes out.

i spam meme 4 raeg
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2010, 04:51 AM by Shev.)
12-31-2010, 04:51 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(12-31-2010, 04:51 AM)Shev Wrote:
(12-31-2010, 04:35 AM)Frontcannon Wrote: How are you supposed to be immersed when you have to stand in front of a TV and mimic a running motion to move??

the same way you immerse yourself by sitting infront of a computer monitor and pressing W,A,D, and occasionally S to move.

Except pressing WASD is a simpler way that connects you to the avatar more easily. Same thing as using the mouse compared to doing.. something in order to be able to look around with Kinect.

Let me tell you a little something about immersion. The best way to immerse someone the most is to have her need to provide as little information as possible while giving her the most feedback possible. Compare holding down Shift-W with doing a cardio workout in the middle of your living room. In the latter you're more focused on keeping your footing in order to not fall onto a coffee table or the TV as well as keeping quiet in order to both hear the game and not wake up whomever else lives there, while in the former you are in the game world and your focus is solely on running rather than being careful with your real-life surroundings.

The most ideal thing would be a virtual reality thing that would produce feedback for all five of your senses, but that could be invasive, and even harmful and possibly illegal, so what game developers should be making use out of is things like the Novint Falcon, which a special edition of Penumbra used. It functions like a mouse but it has a motor that allows for complex tactile feedback. You can literally lift up a box and feel its weight, or run your hand along a wall and feel the cracks in it thanks to the way the motor restricts your movement. This is far more immersive than using Kinect, say, grabbing things by opening and closing your hands in very grandiose ways and performing weird and unnatural movements in order to throw them, allthewhile having to move so that your arms aren't blocking the TV screen. You can talk about actual running and grabbing things and stuff when Holodecks are invented.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2010, 05:16 AM by Sexbad.)
12-31-2010, 05:13 AM
Website Find