Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Amnesia be available for consoles? No!
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Is Amnesia should be AVAILABLE on consoles?

Should amnesia be on console digital market place?
~YES.

Why?
Because 2 things my dear chaps
A) Playing a game on a console is an experience compared to a PC, it will also satisfy all those console buff's who don't have a PC or can't run the game on a PC

B) Selling it to the console market will boost sales, it will support and give frictional games additional funds as well as boosting frictional moral to push for their next project

So the questions is... Do you support frictional games and accept them selling their products to a wider audience?
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010, 08:46 AM by DIGI Byte.)
12-18-2010, 08:42 AM
Find
Shev Offline

Threads: 25

I honestly don't see why not.

Most people here who are saying it should be on the PC are just being elitist pricks anyways, or those traditional fruitcakes who hate any type of change.

Why should it be on the console?
1. Why shouldn't it. I mean, its not like just because its on the console it will immediately effect people who bought it for the PC. Infact, it wont effect people who bought it for the PC in any way shape or form, so really there's no real downside to it being on the console.

2. Most people don't have over 9000 dollars to buy a good computer to experience the game. I mean generic run of the mill computers are pretty expensive, and wouldn't be able to run this game on low with a decent fps.

3. Some people prefer the console, INFACT it could probably be more immersion for some people on the console considering that they're playing it on the TV. Basically sacrificing the headphones ability for a huge ass screen which will make the game even more immersible for people on a console.

i spam meme 4 raeg
12-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

For all you silly people that voted 'no'

did you ever think about it fairly? it doesnt effect you since you already own it, or you might wanna try it on the console if you like the game, also...

did you ever consider... what if amnesia was ONLY available to linux user's? how would you feel then?
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010, 10:26 AM by DIGI Byte.)
12-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Find
Shev Offline

Threads: 25

(12-18-2010, 10:26 AM)DIGI Byte Wrote: For all you silly people that voted 'no'

did you ever think about it fairly? it doesnt effect you since you already own it, or you might wanna try it on the console if you like the game, also...

did you ever consider... what if amnesia was ONLY available to linux user's? how would you feel then?

^This and more.

i spam meme 4 raeg
12-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(12-18-2010, 10:26 AM)DIGI Byte Wrote: For all you silly people that voted 'no'

Don't worry, we have felt more than you are trying to say. We have been deceived more than one time.
As a serious Silent Hill fan, I bought a PSP just to play Silent Hill Origins. Can you catch my point? I'm a student, I don't have that much money. I could've bought more than 100 Amnesia game with that money. And once I finished with that game, I finished with whole PSP thing.

I AM NEVER GONNA BUY ANOTHER CONSOLE because of their sh***y exclusiveness.

(12-18-2010, 08:42 AM)DIGI Byte Wrote: Why?
Because 2 things my dear chaps
A) Playing a game on a console is an experience compared to a PC, it will also satisfy all those console buff's who don't have a PC or can't run the game on a PC

B) Selling it to the console market will boost sales, it will support and give frictional games additional funds as well as boosting frictional moral to push for their next project

So the questions is... Do you support frictional games and accept them selling their products to a wider audience?

A) You cannot push console experience over PC experience. I did try it and I didn't like it, okay? PC's have wireless mouses and keyboards which are cheaper than one of consoles' controllers. So one might want to sit on another thing, should feel free to go.

B) Can you guarantee it? Have you ever read what Spooder Wekd said? What if all their effort goes into nothing? Just because some console boys want it on their precious consoles?

Have you ever took Graphic Whores into account? More than %90 of the console owners are graphic whores and Amnesia is not so bright on that side. It has an art, but ART is not something those people can understand.

Think twice before post.

12-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Website Find
rini Offline

Threads: 1

Hardware Requirements for Amnesia are very low (in comparision to other games), so console's version could be compatibile with first Xbox or even Playstation 2.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010, 05:49 PM by rini.)
12-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

(12-18-2010, 03:17 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Think twice before post.

REALLY?

I cant believe you tried arguing with a pure fact, your not thinking the big picture, the only reason games never port from one format to another is mainly cause the game company cant be bothered or has lost the source files to recompile the game (indy companies dont often have to worry about contracts to breach)

so your saying that a game should only be released to some people and not others? people buy it, they like it or they don't.

come on, give me ONE legitimate reason why games should not be ported from one platform to another

stop being bias - PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox 360, PS3... look at all the formats the game can be played on, there are hundreds if not thousands of people dedicated to one or the other platform, you cant justify reasons NOT to distribute to some people but not others, some people wont buy amnesia, some people will, some people wont like it, others will... the point is to make it available

by denying it to people you are denying possible sales to frictional games, basically your saying frictional's Amnesia isn't worth buying.

why should a games like LIMBO (indy game), Team fortress 2, Left for Dead 1/2 Half-life 2 be available too more people then Amnesia? they are all available on Xbox and PC

I hope you troll'n cause damn.... "Think twice before post."
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010, 04:59 PM by DIGI Byte.)
12-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

(12-18-2010, 04:49 PM)DIGI Byte Wrote: come on, give me ONE legitimate reason why games should not be ported from one platform to another

I didn't say anything like that. I want a game to be available for all possible platforms. I'm just against console exclusiveness.

(12-18-2010, 04:49 PM)DIGI Byte Wrote: by denying it to people you are denying possible sales to frictional games, basically your saying frictional's Amnesia isn't worth buying.

Have you even read what I just wrote? I can't believe it...

(12-18-2010, 04:49 PM)DIGI Byte Wrote: why should a games like LIMBO (indy game), Team fortress 2, Left for Dead 1/2 Half-life 2 be available too more people then Amnesia? they are all available on Xbox and PC

I hope you troll'n cause damn.... "Think twice before post."

I can't understand how you can defend console exclusiveness and defy my arguments. Are you calling me troll? C'mon, you didn't see me trolling yet.

Limbo available on PC? I thought it was canceled for PC and PS3.

And about Valve, EA said them "make this game(s) for X360, and we'll sell them. We promise"
That was exactly Valve said.

I'm correcting myself. Try to read before posting, you don't have to think.

12-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Website Find
DIGI Byte Offline

(12-18-2010, 05:42 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: I can't understand how you can defend console exclusiveness and defy my arguments. Are you calling me troll? C'mon, you didn't see me trolling yet.

Limbo available on PC? I thought it was canceled for PC and PS3.

And about Valve, EA said them "make this game(s) for X360, and we'll sell them. We promise"
That was exactly Valve said.

I'm correcting myself. Try to read before posting, you don't have to think.

thank you, the way your previous post was, it seemed that you were against games going to console if there are some console exclusive games

I hate things that are exclusive to one platform but not another, but I shrug and move on since I cant get it

and my mistake, I mistook limbo for Braid, I love limbo but cant stand braid (its more like a chore to play) Braid is a simular game to limbo, has a cool time rewind feature... but the game is boring as hell
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010, 06:01 PM by DIGI Byte.)
12-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

(12-18-2010, 05:59 PM)DIGI Byte Wrote: I hate things that are exclusive to one platform but not another, but I shrug and move on since I cant get it

I'm very happy that we have an agreement here.
And I'm very sad that I wouldn't find a chance to play Limbo, ever.

12-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Website Find