Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Very Very good!
neilsouth Offline

Threads: 2
Very Very good!

Well done devs this truelly is a creepy game and not just that i love how you can do things it feels so immersive.. I like little things like being able to throw bottles and smash them or move objects out the way. The graphics really suit the demo aswell , hopefully i can buy it as soon as its available as apparantly the demo was out abit early.

I would also like to say thankyou to the admin for coming to my aid so fast in getting the crash fix sorted, also releasing a fix so quickly...

Big thanks Smile
03-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Find
Korinu Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Very Very good!

I'm impressed too. Really
Everything is so well made (expect the snow texture Tongue). I was at least 5 minutes on the boat, playing around with the physics. Dragging the pillow, throwing around the tins and the bottles.
The graphics with realtime shadows, the blur when inspect an object, the motion blur when looking around fast, the dark corridors, the creepy sound. Everything combined results in this dark moody game. I love it.

Thanks for the demo. I will buy this game. That's For sure
03-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Website Find
ShadowMan Offline

Threads: 5

I also really enjoyed the demo. My biggest problem was that the weapons felt kind of unnatural. Everything else in the game has incredibly precise control, but using the hammer felt like it was a macro for a Wii controller: "move the mouse right and left to attack!" Swinging the mouse out to the right and nudging it out to the right had the exact same effect animation wise. I expected moving the mouse more to bring out the hammer more.

Don't get me wrong, I've loving the game. I just wish the player had more control over the weapon.
03-09-2007, 01:29 AM
Find
gamgam2 Offline

Threads: 23

ya, that was alittle dissapointment, but it might have been alittle too hard to do thrusts with the mouse.(Which certain attacks might do different types of damage to things, thrust might for puncerting certain objects, and slashes might pry them off the wall)

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
03-09-2007, 04:26 AM
Website Find
HiViH Offline

Threads: 6

Yes, i have seen great improvements over the tech demo besides graphics, i wouldnt expect less.

thouggghhh...
and as scary as the wolf can be in this game, more threatening scary monsters such as the one that never entered the tech demo, even if for a moment, would have killed you in the demo, would have left in more and feeling that this will get and could be more scary..
my thoughts.. >_>

oh and it bugged me that there was nothing in either one of the wooden boxes i broke D:<

03-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Website Find
EmersonSchmidtPI Offline

Threads: 0

The demo was amazing.. glad I saw the link on Joystiq. This has the potential to be better than Undying and Alone in the Dark ever were.. I could see it ending up at System Shock 2 levels of greatness if the story continues to stay as interesting as it seems to be. Great job.
03-10-2007, 09:30 AM
Find
Ahnìon Offline

Wow...
I'm not easily impressed, but this was a lot better than I'd expected. I'm looking forward to the full version and I wish you guys all the best. Let's hope the game is a smash hit!

This is a long way from Unbirth. Wink
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2007, 12:39 PM by DukeIt.)
03-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Find
Jusal Offline

I agree. The atmosphere of the place kept me on my toes all the time. And no, you are not the only one who spent five minutes playing with the physics, hehe.
03-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Find
eduarte Offline

Threads: 2

Since the Alone in The Dark 1 and the 7Th Guest (for me is the best into now) I dont see something great. But now, this game (PENUMBRA) will be a kick Ass!!! Sorry about this words my friends, but I'M very happy about this game.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2007, 12:44 AM by abd.)
03-12-2007, 12:42 AM
Find
gamgam2 Offline

Threads: 23

You should spread this around forums than, along with telling your friends if they enjoy playing games like this.

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
03-12-2007, 01:10 AM
Website Find