Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Is the Steam version DRM-free?
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Is the Steam version DRM-free?

(12-20-2010, 03:01 PM)salass00 Wrote:
(12-19-2010, 02:01 AM)KavazovAngel Wrote: As the title says, is it DRM-free? Smile

DRM-free, in a sense that it actually doesn't require the Steam client to run properly. Smile

I don't understand the reason for this question at all. If you don't want to use steam why not just get the normal version of the game and avoid this "steam" thing (whatever it is) altogether?

I think he wants to make a copy/paste version, since games from steam don't register in the registry, its most likely he wants to copy it and give it to his friends without giving them his steam log in details

there's no other logical reason why he would ask that
12-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Find
Rurikkur Offline

Threads: 0

Dude you didn't even try to hide it! XD
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2010, 07:56 PM by Rurikkur.)
12-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Find
KavazovAngel Offline

Threads: 13

(12-20-2010, 03:01 PM)salass00 Wrote:
(12-19-2010, 02:01 AM)KavazovAngel Wrote: As the title says, is it DRM-free? Smile

DRM-free, in a sense that it actually doesn't require the Steam client to run properly. Smile

I don't understand the reason for this question at all. If you don't want to use steam why not just get the normal version of the game and avoid this "steam" thing (whatever it is) altogether?

I make a backup of all my games and always rip them off unnecessary files, and make my own installers to install the game the way I like, with added fixes / mods / whatever, depending on the game. Smile

Anyway, I already have Amnesia on Steam, received it as a gift from a friendly person here on the forums, and haven't had the time to download / play it until now. But the question is irrelevant now, because I'll buy the game from here as its on sale. Smile
12-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Find