Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Most scariest enemy
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Servant Grunt
31.25%
45 31.25%
Servant Brute
34.03%
49 34.03%
Water Lurker
27.78%
40 27.78%
The Shadow
6.94%
10 6.94%
Total 144 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The most scariest enemy
Xanatos Offline

Threads: 5
RE: The most scariest enemy

You can stand out of its reach but it still knows you're there and will patiently wait for you to slip into the water. Or make it a snack.

If fate frowns, we all perish.
Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace.
12-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Find
stevensonbak Offline

Threads: 0

(12-28-2010, 01:20 PM)Xanatos Wrote: You can stand out of its reach but it still knows you're there and will patiently wait for you to slip into the water. Or make it a snack.
Sounds like my ex, but I'm not trembling at the knees at the thought of her either.
Point is, my imagination doesn't go too wild with invisible creatures, so I'm not too afraid of the Kaernk, I'll put my balls in the water and it can suck them.
12-30-2010, 12:41 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

I strongly suspect that's not what would happen. Although eunuchs are probably in demand for the retinues of various Middle East kings, so go for it, I guess.
12-30-2010, 12:55 AM
Find
hicham Offline

Threads: 1

Definitely the water lurker. Best Frictional Games' scare ever.

Keep out of the water ! Big Grin
01-03-2011, 12:26 AM
Find
Splint Offline

None of them were really scary once you faced them... it was only the anticipation, the buildup, and the heart stopping first sound & sight that was truly scary. Being chased down by unseen enemies was also scary, but the true adversary and scare of this game is the fear of the unknown. That thing that might be around the next corner, or that thing in the hallway that might barge into your side room.

It was the anticipation, the buildup, and the tension that kept my heart racing. That was the scare.

Speaking of torture... the was an old Soviet practice of informing a prisoner that they were going to be tortured in two weeks. Then that prisoner had to return to his cell, and spend the next two weeks worrying about what was going to happen. That's terror. That's also the terror invoking "mechanic" that makes Amnesia great. Far better than any actual enemy.
01-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Find
kailip Offline

Threads: 4

(12-23-2010, 06:59 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: Honestly I still perceive the Shadow as the scariest being in Amnesia. That characteristic echo sound, combined with that

Spoiler below!
climactic chase at the end

really makes you feel like the Shadow is a disgustingly large and powerful force.

I also think like this, but in my opinion the water lurker is scarier... on my first gameplay i was so fucking scared with it.

BTW, what happened to your custom story "Insomnia"? i loved Wake. Did you abandoned the project?
01-04-2011, 11:43 PM
Find
AMV Ph34r Offline

I think the grunts are the scariest visually, since they're just so gruesome-looking. That's probably why I'm not all that scared of the water lurkers, since you never "see" them. Though I was wary near water for the rest of the game.
Brutes are also fairly scary-looking, but not quite as much as the grunts IMO, with those gaping jaws... ughhhh...

[Image: elfin_10.jpg]
01-04-2011, 11:57 PM
Find
ChrisR91 Offline

Due to the last update, not only is the Water Lurker the scariest, it can push you off the little boxes you're on. I found this out the hard way and shouted curses as I tried getting back up on one of the stationary boxes.
Plus Daniel is so scared shitless he frustrates the player for his lack of an ass jetpack to help him get out of the water xP
01-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Find
Harkwit Offline

Actually, the shadow was the scariest for me. Moreso because I thought it was working with the other monsters. Kinda always though the shadow would block off my exit, and leave me stuck with Mr Happyjaws and Mr. Shave'n'Haircut.

Of course the Shadow reminds me a lot of a plague, moreso eating you until you're nothing. Definately more chilling than a "creepy guy you can run from", or a angry fish you can't see. The shadow? You're not running from that thing. It's after you until you kill it once and for all. And it can't die. And you have no bubblegum.
01-12-2011, 04:37 AM
Find
MooseTheScared Offline

For me it was the brute. I never had a chance to see it in detail during the game-play, so I always thought of it as something unknown and much more dangerous than the grunts. Combined with the music it was something...really disgusting, something I wished to run from as fast as possible and never approach it again.
01-13-2011, 12:09 AM
Find