Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra: Overture - Window gets messed up
DanielSidhion Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Penumbra: Overture - Window gets messed up

Hello. I acquired Penumbra: Overture through the Indie Humble Bundle #2. When I launched it for the first time, my window got messed up, then I kept changing resolutions and it worked for the resolution 1280x960. However, now that I tried to open it again, the same thing happened, and no matter which resolution I select, the game won't open as full screen. Here are the details:

I launch the game through Steam, then a black screen with "Loading..." appears. After a while, the game reverses to the desktop, and I have to click its icon in order to make it appear in the screen. When I click the icon, the taskbar keeps in the screen.

I have a dual screen setup, am using Windows 7 64-bit and my taskbar is by default on the left side of the screen. The game didn't do that. The image on the right is the wallpaper. Here is an image to help:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6171/72919077.jpg

I have looked the settings.cfg in Documents > Penumbra Overture > Episode1, and fullscreen is set to true.

In the other time I played with no problems, the taskbar didn't appear and the game was really "full screen" (not on both screens, only one).

What could be possibly causing this problem?

Thank you
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2010, 09:18 PM by DanielSidhion.)
12-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Penumbra: Overture - Window gets messed up

Have you tried running the game straight from the .exe file without Steam?

12-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Website Find
DanielSidhion Offline

Threads: 1

(12-23-2010, 10:35 PM)Scraper Wrote: Have you tried running the game straight from the .exe file without Steam?

Hey Scraper, thanks for the reply! I just tried running the file from the .exe in the steamapps > common > penumbra overture > redist folder, and it worked well for any resolution! I'm now running the game on 1680x1050 without problems and already created a shortcut for the .exe file on my desktop. Although the "Preparing to launch Penumbra: Overture" Steam window appears, the game appears to run fine.

Thanks for the tip! I believe the problem is solved Big Grin
12-23-2010, 11:01 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Great that it worked out! Smile

12-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Website Find