Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Any other horror games you guys play?
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: Any other horror games you guys play?

You should probably always be skeptical of sequels.
04-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Find
Shev Offline

Threads: 25

(04-08-2011, 08:35 AM)Tommy Gun Wrote: You know, after FEAR 1&2, i was seriously skeptical about number 3.... Until i read that John Carpenter is helping it regain it's scare factor. Could be interesting...
Also, you should all download Frictional's first attempt at a horror game ' The penumbra 2006 Tech Demo' if you haven't already. First horror game i played - still one of the best.

Black plague > Overture > Tech Demo > Requiem
IMO

i spam meme 4 raeg
04-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

(12-22-2010, 10:22 AM)Shev Wrote: I mean, amnesia + penumbra can't be the ONLY games you guys play that are horror games.

Actually, yes it is. I mainly play Call of Duty games, so the closest horror game I have besides Penumbra/Amnesia is Call of Duty's zombie maps.

I use to have American McGee's Alice, sort of horror like, or dark.
04-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

I've played all of frictional games games, and the only other horror games I've played is Nightmare House 2 (Half Life 2 Source Mod) and Flesh (Yet again another Source Mod)

Amnesia got me playing Horror, so yeah that's why I haven't played much. Looking forward to Asylum (Senscape) though Big Grin

EDIT: Forgot Ju-On: The Grudge Haunted House Simulator..... for Wii Sad

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2011, 11:38 PM by RawkBandMan.)
04-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Find
SkyeGU Offline

Threads: 1

I'm going to feel particularly old when I throw in my comments for other horror games.

Sure, I play the modern set of horror games (Dead Space (1 and 2), Left 4 Dead (1 and 2), Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and others) and still prefer Amnesia and Penumbra for my horror needs. But they all provide their own forms of horror and enjoyment.

However, I still like to turn back the clock and sit down to play games like The 7th Guest, The 11th Hour, or Zork: Nemesis. Sure, all three are point-and-click adventures with graphics that are considerably lacking by today's standards, but all three had aspects that freak players out to no end.

For anyone who has played Zork: Nemesis and is currently doubting my mentioning of it as a horror game, just remember one area: The tundra medical outpost; with the morgue.
04-13-2011, 08:47 PM
Find