Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Light entities - help!
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20
Light entities - help!

Ok... i've been playing around in the model editor to make entities and I've started making lamps... and... well I found a problem and i don't know how to fix it or whats wrong

in the model editor and level editor the light looks good and even looks perfect in the level editor... but for some reason in game when I load it, all the lights emitters are moved too 0,0,0 in the game world

the model is where I want them, but the light source is rogue...
here's an in game screen shot

.jpg   light HALP.jpg (Size: 95.56 KB / Downloads: 124)

I must of missed something but I haven't got the faintest clue as to whats wrong, doesn't surprise me since I'm still new with playing with entities
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2010, 08:46 AM by DIGI Byte.)
12-23-2010, 08:45 AM
Find
Tenacious Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Light entities - help!

I think it may have something to do with the model itself. In the level editor do you see the pulse of a light in the area around the entity? Are all light sources (other than your custom ones) moved to those coordinates?
12-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

They show up working perfectly in the level editor and model editor

I must be missing a way to link the light to the model its self

I'm guessing its missing its local coordinates to the entity and resets too 0,0,0
12-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

well I've looked at the candle entity and stuff and have copied everything, created a body object and linked the mesh and light source to it, but still the light refuses to be in the global position and spawns at the global 0,0,0

at the moment, I gave up and the ceiling has candles all over it instead for the mean time Cool

Still hoping for a solution in the mean time, I've clearly over looked something but I cant find what would be causing it, or even what lil thing I'm missing in setting it up correctly, unfortunately there is not wiki that covers this stuff at the moment, if I can work it out, I'd be happy to write tutorials up... I'd do the wiki too cause this is a simple error that causes a lot of trouble for people making new content
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2010, 04:11 AM by DIGI Byte.)
12-26-2010, 04:08 AM
Find