Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

You've killed us both
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: You've killed us both

(01-17-2011, 07:57 PM)Lodestone Wrote: Hypothesis: There never was a Shadow. That was a lie that Alexander used in order to trick Daniel into bringing him the Orb, and to manipulate Daniel into doing his bidding.

Well, all people who died in London was just a HUGE coincidence then?

01-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Website Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

Threads: 0

(01-17-2011, 07:57 PM)Lodestone Wrote: Hypothesis: There never was a Shadow. That was a lie that Alexander used in order to trick Daniel into bringing him the Orb, and to manipulate Daniel into doing his bidding.

OK, then, if Alexander just wanted the Orb, why didn't he just kill Daniel and take it while Daniel was in England?

The orb grants power to whoever wields it. Daniel posessed the orb while in England, so Alexander couldn't overpower Daniel. Daniel's contacts, however, had no Orb, so Alexander could kill them. Alexander kills Daniel's friends to make him feel isolated and vulnerable, then offers him protection at Brennenburg Castle.

Why didn't Alexander kill Daniel after he got the Orb?

Alexander didn't kill Daniel because he realized Daniel was useful to him---he needed an assistant. Daniel helped him to do kidnappings and torture rituals to produce the vitae that extended Alexander's life, which Alexander claimed was "warding rituals" for the Shadow. Alexander was too busy trying to open the portal to do the rituals himself.

What was the red goo in Brennenburg?

While in Brennenburg, Alexander has the Orb. He also knows how to use the Orb. The red goo is a conjuration used by Alexander to scare Daniel into doing anything that Alexander wants him to do. Later it's used to stop Daniel from getting to the Inner Sanctum. Notice how the red goo first appears when Alexander and Daniel perform the first ritual with the Orb, not before. Also, the goo consistently tries to stop Daniel from proceeding after Daniel drinks the Amnesia drink.

Why does the red goo kill both Daniel and Alexander in one of the endings?

The red goo is conjured by Alexander with the power of the Orb. When Alexander loses the Orb, he becomes less powerful and loses control of the red goo. The goo then kills them both.

Why does the red goo disappear when Daniel stops Alexander in another ending?

The goo disappears because the Orb has been destroyed by Daniel. When the Orb is destroyed, the goo goes with it (and so does Alexander).

problem 1: the red goo never acctually hinders you, it follows, and traps you further in the castle, so it is infact bringing you closer to alexander, also, and i'm not too sure about this one, but there was no way for alexander to find out about the orb before someone is already killed by the shadow, not sure, i need to check it, but i'm pretty sure he finds out about it from daniels letter, at least, thats when he finds out daniel has one, and another thing, you claim that maybe daniel was more powerful than alexander because he had the orb earlier, this is a pretty big assumption, considering that daniel had no idea of what the orb was capable of and no concept of how to use it, and the first time he realises it has a substantial amount of power is in the first ritual, this is shown in one of the notes, and alexander, while having destroyed his old orb, is at least more adept in using them than daniel.
(01-17-2011, 08:10 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote:

Well, all people who died in London was just a HUGE coincidence then?

he explained that, and while i don't agree with him ( i think it's just too far a leap to hae been an adequate deduction of the facts) it is still kinda plausible yet not fitting.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2011, 08:42 PM by Zoridium JackL.)
01-17-2011, 08:41 PM
Find
Lodestone Offline

(01-17-2011, 08:41 PM)Zoridium JackL Wrote: problem 1: the red goo never acctually hinders you, it follows, and traps you further in the castle, so it is infact bringing you closer to alexander

Alexander doesn't want you to escape the castle, either. Hence the goo just tries to hinder/kill you. It doesn't succeed, of course.

(01-17-2011, 08:41 PM)Zoridium JackL Wrote: , also, and i'm not too sure about this one, but there was no way for alexander to find out about the orb before someone is already killed by the shadow, not sure, i need to check it, but i'm pretty sure he finds out about it from daniels letter, at least, thats when he finds out daniel has one,

In the Revelations chapter of the diary, Daniel mentions that, while he was sent back to England, the dig party was attacked by something in the night, and that most of the workers were missing. Alexander was looking for the same Orb that Professor Herbert was, and he could have found out that Daniel had recovered something from the tomb.

(01-17-2011, 08:41 PM)Zoridium JackL Wrote: and another thing, you claim that maybe daniel was more powerful than alexander because he had the orb earlier, this is a pretty big assumption, considering that daniel had no idea of what the orb was capable of and no concept of how to use it, and the first time he realises it has a substantial amount of power is in the first ritual, this is shown in one of the notes, and alexander, while having destroyed his old orb, is at least more adept in using them than daniel.

Alexander himself said that the Orb imbues power to whoever possessed it, as long as they're not too weak. Also, remember that Daniel had a nightmare, then he suddenly knew how to reconstruct the Orb. The Orb was giving its power to Daniel.

Also when Agrippa found the first Orb in a cave in Alstadt, he didn't know how to use it. But when he was being chased through the forest(by Alexander's servants, according to my theory), the Orb began to glow, and he was teleported beyond the Alps to safety. (In a later note Alexander mentions that he obtained the Orb found by Agrippa, which he accidentally destroys). So even though Agrippa didn't know how to use the Orb, its power protected him.
01-17-2011, 11:39 PM
Find
Shev Offline

Threads: 25

I think at the ending the last thing daniel says is "I gave them that awful man". So I guess him stopping Alexander was what caused the shadow to withdraw.

i spam meme 4 raeg
01-18-2011, 01:44 AM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

(01-17-2011, 11:39 PM)Lodestone Wrote:
(01-17-2011, 08:41 PM)Zoridium JackL Wrote: problem 1: the red goo never acctually hinders you, it follows, and traps you further in the castle, so it is infact bringing you closer to alexander

Alexander doesn't want you to escape the castle, either. Hence the goo just tries to hinder/kill you. It doesn't succeed, of course.

(01-17-2011, 08:41 PM)Zoridium JackL Wrote: , also, and i'm not too sure about this one, but there was no way for alexander to find out about the orb before someone is already killed by the shadow, not sure, i need to check it, but i'm pretty sure he finds out about it from daniels letter, at least, thats when he finds out daniel has one,

In the Revelations chapter of the diary, Daniel mentions that, while he was sent back to England, the dig party was attacked by something in the night, and that most of the workers were missing. Alexander was looking for the same Orb that Professor Herbert was, and he could have found out that Daniel had recovered something from the tomb.

(01-17-2011, 08:41 PM)Zoridium JackL Wrote: and another thing, you claim that maybe daniel was more powerful than alexander because he had the orb earlier, this is a pretty big assumption, considering that daniel had no idea of what the orb was capable of and no concept of how to use it, and the first time he realises it has a substantial amount of power is in the first ritual, this is shown in one of the notes, and alexander, while having destroyed his old orb, is at least more adept in using them than daniel.

Alexander himself said that the Orb imbues power to whoever possessed it, as long as they're not too weak. Also, remember that Daniel had a nightmare, then he suddenly knew how to reconstruct the Orb. The Orb was giving its power to Daniel.

Also when Agrippa found the first Orb in a cave in Alstadt, he didn't know how to use it. But when he was being chased through the forest(by Alexander's servants, according to my theory), the Orb began to glow, and he was teleported beyond the Alps to safety. (In a later note Alexander mentions that he obtained the Orb found by Agrippa, which he accidentally destroys). So even though Agrippa didn't know how to use the Orb, its power protected him.

ok, so assuming everything you have said is true, not saying it isn't, i just don't believe it, but anyway, if the orb had imbued power within daniel, which it probably did, alexander would still be more powerful, in the case of agrippa being teleported to safety may be for alterior motives, much like clarence keeps you alive in penumbra, although less sentient.

one thing i feel is being neglected is the feeling daniel has that he is being followed by something bigger than himself, while it could be argued that alexander is following him in such a way as to scare him, but it is implied that this thing is there and very very dangerous, and that the orb want daniel to know it, it almost tells him he is being followed, so really, alexander couldn't be behind this, he has no other worldly powers, none, he lives forever through vitar, but he isnt a magician, and he has no human servents, at least not in his castle, and i doubt he acctually trusts any humans for anything other than vitae, the exception is daniel, he has the orb, alexander wants it, now why not just kill daniel and take the orb if he is more powerful, because of the shadow, why put yourself in the shadows firing line when you can remain at arms length from the orb, right up until the point where he needs it, and i remind you that at this point daniel has learned about the orbs power and is versed in using it to an extent (such as in torture) so he is more powerful here, yet alexander still takes the orb reletively easy, again, he just kept him alive because he was useful, and not in torture, but as a distraction from the shadow.

i think that to remove the shadow completely from the story is more twisting the facts to suit the theory than a reliable deduction of the facts, but i will say that it is plausible to an extent, so, you know, just keep thinking what you want, its a good thing to do.
01-18-2011, 03:39 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Lodestone
Even old stroy from PDF contains Shadow/Guardian, whcih conception haven't changed since then.
This makes your theory incorrect.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
01-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Find
Lodestone Offline

(01-18-2011, 12:26 PM)Kein Wrote: Lodestone
Even old stroy from PDF contains Shadow/Guardian, whcih conception haven't changed since then.
This makes your theory incorrect.

Do you have a link to the old story?
01-19-2011, 12:57 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

If you have the game installed, it's on your computer.
01-19-2011, 02:34 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Lodestone
Super_secret.rar

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
01-19-2011, 02:29 PM