Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuck in Archives
bdocbaker Offline

Threads: 1
Stuck in Archives

I dont know if this is an issue with my graphics card (ATI), or something Im not doing right in the game. I have had no problems technically with downloading, installation, gamespeed, or play until I got to the Archives map room and the way out is blocked. I threw a rock and opened the hole in wall, but Im unable to proceed thru it. Is there a trick to this. Nothing is mentioned in the walkthrus. I uninstalled/reinstalled the game, but same problem even starting up a new game.

My computer should be adequate...new, large memory...looks like my ATI card is designated ATI560. Is this too small for the whole game. No problems playing demo all the way thru.

Thanks for any tips.
12-26-2010, 12:10 AM
Find
Renegade_ Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Stuck in Archives

This is going to seem a little obvious... but have you tried jumping through?
12-26-2010, 01:31 AM
Find
bdocbaker Offline

thanks so much for your reply. I had thought there might be a trick to jumping, but didnt see it in any of the guides...wasd keys to move, control to stoop and shift and w to run...but did not see a "jump" combo...I am new at this type of game using keys rather than the mouse to move, as you might have guessed Glad there may be a simple solution however.
12-26-2010, 06:24 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

You need to jump and crouch while in the air. Try it, that's what I did. I hardly doubt that you have a major problem.

12-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Find
bdocbaker Offline

Thank you. I also finally the "key to the Keys" somewhat embedded in game options setup. Space bar plus w key seems to work for jumping also.
12-26-2010, 11:46 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

Actually, just pressing space will make you jump. You can jump in any direction using the wsad keys plus space Tongue

12-26-2010, 11:48 PM
Find