Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Major Amnesia video problem
R31nm4n Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Major Amnesia video problem

I start Amnesia up, make a new profile, and get to the main menu just fine. However, I noticed that the normal background to the main menu (the one with the creepy door and torch and stuff) wasn't there, it was just a solid black background, but all the buttons and the title were there. I ignored it, thinking Frictional Games just took out the background in a recent patch or something, I didn't think it was a big deal. BUT when I started up the game, I could see everything but the world...as in the HUD (hints and reticule) would show up, but everything else was just black. I pushed buttons and move the mouse and the acoustics would shift with the direction I pointed the mouse and the footsteps would sound according to me pushing WASD just fine. I just couldnt see anything!
12-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Find
matches81 Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Major Amnesia video problem

Without any additional information about your system there's nothing anyone here could tell you except: Update your drivers (graphics drivers, chipset drivers).
Other than that: Post info on your PC's specs and the hpl.log found in Amnesia\Main in your documents folder.
12-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Find
R31nm4n Offline

My graphics driver is a fully updated Intel HD graphics driver.
I have windows 7 on a toshiba laptop pc.
My laptop can run every other game on steam (gta 4, counter strike) just fine.
So....ya
12-28-2010, 02:54 AM
Find
GregS728 Offline

Threads: 2

I have the same exact problem, it seems unfair for the Amnesia developers to make a patch in favor of Radeon and Geforce cards but our intel cards get left in the dust. I did some research and it turns out that Amnesia uses a new game engine which requires a higher end graphics card. I've read that the developers will not release a patch for intel, although we are customers and rightfully deserve one, they tell us to get an updated driver from intel. Intel's latest driver [for HD Graphics] was on March 3rd, and only shows what the original post says.
03-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Find
thepaleking Offline

The system requirements information on the box, or on any digital download site make it clear that integrated graphics may not work.

Quote directly from the steam page "Graphics: Radeon 9600/GeForceFX - Integrated graphics and very low budget cards might not work."
03-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Find