Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0
Soggo Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0

Here's what I experience with the game:
- If I lauch Amenesia, straight after I boot Win 7, it launches without problems, however after 10-15min of play, it starts becoming unbearably slow and I have to exit.
- If I try to play the game again, it gives me the "Renderer #0" error and I can't get it to work anymore, until I reboot.

I bought the game on Steam, so I believe I've got the latest version.

I'm running Win 7 with dual screens.
I've gone through the troubleshooting guide in the forum, tried to start in windowed mode, with graphical settings set to minimal, shutting down unnecessary apps,...

I've removed/reinstalled the 260.99 NVidia drivers without success. I tried reverting to the 258.96 with the same results.

So at this stage I'm puzzled: how come it works after a fresh boot, but never again afterwards and how come the game gets so slow all of a sudden... ?!?

My hpl.log is in attachment.
12-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0

Sounds really odd... Try getting the very latest drivers straight from nVidia

12-26-2010, 11:38 PM
Find
Soggo Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0

(12-26-2010, 11:38 PM)xiphirx Wrote: Sounds really odd... Try getting the very latest drivers straight from nVidia

Well, I managed to finish the game anyway (Awesome !). It became much more stable when turning v-sync off. Also, sometimes when running slow, alt-tabbing seemed to restore the speed... Odd stuff.
12-29-2010, 01:12 AM
Find