Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weapons?
Shev Offline

Threads: 25
Weapons?

Anyone think its possible to bring weapons into amnesia? Like the pickaxe's from penumbra, maybe even a gun?

Not into the game itself, but for like a custom story or something.

i spam meme 4 raeg
12-31-2010, 03:22 AM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Weapons?

Of course it is. You'd just have to code it in!

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
12-31-2010, 04:28 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

The engine has some weapon code, we have to wait until Frictional decides to enable its functionality.

12-31-2010, 04:42 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

You'd also have to program the enemies to be able to die, ragdollize, gib, or whatever else is necessary because it's literally impossible for them to die. I remember seeing a thread where you could make them disappear by touching a special object, but nothing satisfying or immersive to feel like you're actually killing something that escaped from Frankenstein's lab.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
12-31-2010, 05:21 AM
Website Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20

currently it is not an option to code in working weapons,k some basic code does exist, yes.
but it was never finalized, so it isn't available for us at the present time.

as for monsters dying, they just 'poof', I haven't seen anything saying that they can go 'ragdoll' but i maybe wrong
12-31-2010, 11:15 AM
Find
gbutler69 Offline

Threads: 0

(12-31-2010, 11:15 AM)DIGI Byte Wrote: currently it is not an option to code in working weapons,k some basic code does exist, yes.
but it was never finalized, so it isn't available for us at the present time.

as for monsters dying, they just 'poof', I haven't seen anything saying that they can go 'ragdoll' but i maybe wrong

I wonder if you created an "onCollision" handler for something like a rock, or brick, or whatever that checked if it collided with the player or a monster and then deducted health (if monsters don't have health, create a global variable to hold the health of the particular monster and keep track). When help is zero, play an animation of the monster dieing. Then you should be able to pick up the object and throw it at the monster. Would this work?
01-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20

The monsters have health, if its viable to kill them? unknown because without coding it, props and things don't really deal damage (unless your standing or jumping on them to cause them to glitch and smack you Big Grin )

I'm currently no sure if you can detect onCollision with enemies and props, I hope someone who does know more about scripting and coding could test it for us
01-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Find
gbutler69 Offline

Threads: 0

(01-01-2011, 10:20 PM)DIGI Byte Wrote: The monsters have health, if its viable to kill them? unknown because without coding it, props and things don't really deal damage (unless your standing or jumping on them to cause them to glitch and smack you Big Grin )

I'm currently no sure if you can detect onCollision with enemies and props, I hope someone who does know more about scripting and coding could test it for us

I'll try it. Just getting started on getting my mind wrapped around the dev tools and environment. I'm a very experienced software developer (no game development experience/not much of an artist or musician) so if the capability is there, I'll find it and get it working.
01-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Find