Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved, but new question @ latest reply] REPEATING SCROLLING LINE OR SCREEN TEAR
slickkwilly Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago [Solved, but new question @ latest reply] REPEATING SCROLLING LINE OR SCREEN TEAR

I have seen one post that claimed something like this and said it was fixed by forcing v-sync, but I was not so lucky.

As soon as the opening screen comes on a bacaward z shaped line that goes from left screen to right screen starts scrolling upward from bottom to top repeatedly. Sometimes faster than the last one. I can see what was the previous or maybe the upcomming sceen in the line. The line is about a quarter inch thick.

kind of the thickest screen tear i've ever seen. It is also bright, so if the screen is a dark or black, I can see bright and all objects with in the long backwards z.

Please help here.

oh and it does not happen in windowed mode.

windows 7 64bit, geforce go 7950

I have updated my drivers, which solved the darkness problem. I have turned every setting on and off and I cannot figure this out.

Been at it since 9am and it is now 11pm.

I downloaded pnumbra demo and does the same thing. no other opengl games I run do this.

any ideas?
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2010, 06:37 PM by slickkwilly.)
12-28-2010, 04:54 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: REPEATING SCROLLING LINE OR SCREEN TEAR

hpl.log in my documents/amnesia please

12-28-2010, 05:43 AM
Find
slickkwilly Offline

log file attached here.
12-28-2010, 05:54 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

ATTENTION: System does not support const arrays in glsl!

That seems to be your problem... Not sure how to solve it without Thomas' help Tongue

12-28-2010, 05:58 AM
Find
slickkwilly Offline

Ok, Turns out that when I went back and played doom 3 that worked on saturday, scrolling lines today!!

So, now I recall that when I installed win 7 initially and I was playing doom3(different looking scrolling lines), I had to allow windows to update my driver and not do this manually or through dell.

I should not of followed the update drivers advice. IF it is not broke, don't fix it!

Problem of scrolling line is fixed! 2 days later!

As far as the "ATTENTION: System does not support const arrays in glsl!"

I am still curious to know what that is affecting and if I can correct it.

I will check back here after the 3rd and start a new post if no response here.

(12-28-2010, 05:58 AM)xiphirx Wrote: ATTENTION: System does not support const arrays in glsl!

That seems to be your problem... Not sure how to solve it without Thomas' help Tongue
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2010, 06:36 PM by slickkwilly.)
12-28-2010, 06:09 AM
Find