Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FATAL ERROR RENDER #0
Edemardil Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: FATAL ERROR RENDER #0

According to Intel, my graphics card IS integrated and it is NOT a low budget card.

I do not own a mac so that picture is also redundant.

The GAME got such great reviews that I decided to just purchase it.

The size of the company is not the matter here it is the product of sale. I bought a product from the company, that does not work and it not stated at being so in layman's terms. It could be safe to say that these guys are making millions off of 13 year old kids who end up not even being able to play the game. And it is disgusting to think that they would blame that on the customer. They people who pay them. As far as I am concerned I am owed 20 dollars OR a version of the game what will work on my system.

[[Remember, the vendors (Intel, nVidia, ATI) implement the technology, not the game company]]] And the Game companies make the games. And the people who pay for them, play them.

I am mad at THIS company because on the steam network it does not say "Don't even bother to get this if you have intel". Blaming this on those companies avoids the issue.

"It says integrated graphics might not work or for some stores does not work depending how you phrase it." Jens how you phrase it is a BIG deal. Saying it MIGHT work is the same as saying it WILL work. I think this really needs to be brought out into the open.
04-20-2011, 09:24 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: FATAL ERROR RENDER #0

It is out in the open. It says so on Steam no matter how much you want it not to. It's a shame you bought the game, but it does warn about Intel and there is a demo to try if interested even after reading the warning.

This is a driver issue and not an issue with the game. We can't fix it.

See this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9klAxeQsHlQ
or this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgP0WqPPX8c

Integrated Intel works on Linux when using the latest drivers, it also works on the new Macbook Pro (which is the first Mac with integrated Intel since the old X3100) so if Intel transition those improvements to Windows the game should work.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2011, 10:58 AM by jens.)
04-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Website Find