Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FATAL ERROR RENDER #0
alfie909 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Sad  FATAL ERROR RENDER #0

ok here i go...... i am a total noob when it comes to computer specs and what-not but i have some common knowlage. Every time i start up the game i get the fatal error #0 thing.I tried on the lowest settings.

i have a dell inspiron1545

2.19 GHz

2.0 GB of RAM

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit

Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Hardware T&L Yes
Pixel Shader version 4.0
Vertex Shader version 4.0
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ill admit that i copied and pasted all that stuff...... PLZ HELPSad
12-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Find
FilthyHeadshot Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: FATAL ERROR RENDER #0

Amnesia: The Dark Descent does not work with default Intel video cards, also known as "integrated" video cards. The main reason of this error is that a lot of integrated Intel video cards don't support OpenGL (a lot of them only support DirectX). I feel your pain.
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2010, 09:52 AM by FilthyHeadshot.)
12-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Find
Upyours192 Offline

(12-30-2010, 09:50 AM)FilthyHeadshot Wrote: Amnesia: The Dark Descent does not work with default Intel video cards, also known as "integrated" video cards. I feel your pain.

Crap. Okay, so I suppose that truly means that I cannot run it either no matter what I do.

I apologize for posting a whole new thread then...

I do have a question for any of the people working on the game or those who are making unofficial patches (etc). Is it possible to make a patch so that those with Intel video cards are able to play it in the future or are we just screwed? I do not have the money to buy a PC so I feel that I'm pretty much screwed at this point... Is it possible though? To make a patch that could help have it run on laptops? It would be helpful since after googling and coming across a large portion of threads claiming to have the same problem, it would seem that a large portion of your market (referring to Frictional Games) seems to have purchased your game in hopes of playing it on a laptop.

I hope that is possible... Because I really do wish to play this amazing game. I just feel that you are limiting a large portion of people who already bought your game....
12-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Find
FilthyHeadshot Offline

Threads: 2

(12-30-2010, 09:56 AM)Upyours192 Wrote:
(12-30-2010, 09:50 AM)FilthyHeadshot Wrote: Amnesia: The Dark Descent does not work with default Intel video cards, also known as "integrated" video cards. I feel your pain.

Crap. Okay, so I suppose that truly means that I cannot run it either no matter what I do.

I apologize for posting a whole new thread then...

I do have a question for any of the people working on the game or those who are making unofficial patches (etc). Is it possible to make a patch so that those with Intel video cards are able to play it in the future or are we just screwed? I do not have the money to buy a PC so I feel that I'm pretty much screwed at this point... Is it possible though? To make a patch that could help have it run on laptops? It would be helpful since after googling and coming across a large portion of threads claiming to have the same problem, it would seem that a large portion of your market (referring to Frictional Games) seems to have purchased your game in hopes of playing it on a laptop.

I hope that is possible... Because I really do wish to play this amazing game. I just feel that you are limiting a large portion of people who already bought your game....
It's not a problem, the "Technical Support" section is here for a reason. I hope that a developer will answer your question though, I know that it might be close to impossible to make the game compatible with video cards that aren't compatible with OpenGL (such as Intel Integrated video cards), but an answer would be nice. You also have to remember that Frictional Games is a small corporation (I'm not trying to insult them, they make amazing games), so they don't have access to a lot of the tools that larger developers have.
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2010, 10:10 AM by FilthyHeadshot.)
12-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Find
Upyours192 Offline

(12-30-2010, 10:06 AM)FilthyHeadshot Wrote: It's not a problem, the "Technical Support" section is here for a reason. I hope that a developer will answer your question though, I know that it might be close to impossible to make the game compatible with video cards that aren't compatible with OpenGL (such as Intel Integrated video cards), but an answer would be nice. You also have to remember that Frictional Games is a small corporation (I'm not trying to insult them, they make amazing games), so they don't have access to a lot of the tools that larger developers have.

I am aware that they are a small corporation. I do not expect an immediate solution to this problem that could have easily been prevented, on my part, if I tested the demo before purchasing the game. I suppose what fusturates me the most, aside from the fact that I was sadly fooled by canyourunit.com as the site told me that I could run the game, is that I honestly did not know anything about Intel video cards or any of that stuff until I ran into this problem and it seems like a large portion of people have also suffered from this ignorance. I am not claiming that there must be a solution to this "problem", though one can claim a simple spec check to see if one's laptop/pc/mac/linux/etc meets the requirements is the best solution.

I really hope that such a patch is possible. The game seems popular enough to at least attract perhaps fans who are willing to make an unnofficial patch of some sort to make it possible to have the game run on laptops. I honestly lack the tech knowledge to appreciate how potentionally difficult doing such a thing could be, I just really hope that either the developers or by some luck, really passionate fans come by to help out the situation. Not that I'm claiming the the developers aren't helping out already because as you said before, it truly is a small group of individuals so their help is sadly limited to, as you said, the lack of access to a lot of tools. Sad
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2010, 10:40 AM by Upyours192.)
12-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Find
alfie909 Offline

well i have some good news,for me :/

For my b day coming in one month i was going to get a alien ware m11 lap top (the tiny one). BUT i want to be 100% that it can play it. Since i got my game from steam i would be able to play it on there. So if any one has the laptop or knows how to check if it can play it tell me. (note: alien ware laptops can be custimized greatly), Also if YOU want an alien ware laptop which are beast at gaming, the one im getting is their cheapest one at 800$.

Sorry for my bad englishConfused
12-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Find
FashionRobot Offline

Threads: 0

I actually have the Alienware m11x. I just purchased Amnesia the other day and am having this same error when I try to play it.

The frustrating part is that my Alienware m11x has a discreet NVidia GeForce GT 335M on top of the Intel integrated chipset. I feel like my Nvidia card should be able to run the game, but it only recognizes the intel integrated graphics, so i'm not really sure what to do.
12-31-2010, 08:26 AM
Find
alfie909 Offline

omg really? O.O wow, not even a laptop built for gaming can play it. If anyone plays amnesia on laptop plz tell me what laptop it is. Angry
12-31-2010, 09:28 AM
Find
Upyours192 Offline

I am bumping this because I wish to have my question answered by one of the workers of Frictional Games. I know they start working tomorrow.
01-03-2011, 02:00 AM
Find
slewis7 Offline

Threads: 0

I have an HP Pavillion DV6 Notebook PC with the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD. According to results from running an Intel driver checking utility, HP installs a custom driver, so Intel does not recommend trying to update it from their drivers. Intel shows that this graphics adapter does support OpenGL (at least with Intel's driver I assume). The log file shows the following driver information:

Setting up OpenGL
Vendor: Intel
Renderer: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD
Version: 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.1968

Further down, it provides the following:

ATTENTION: System does not support const arrays in glsl!
Setting up G-Bugger: type: 0 texturenum: 3
ERROR: Drivers does not support packed depth and stencil!
ERROR: Drivers does not support packed depth and stencil!
ERROR: Frame buffer 'Deferred_GBuffer_Depth' is not complete! Missing attachments!
ERROR: Could not create frame buffer with only depth for Deferred renderer type: 0!
FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0 could not be initialized! Make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date. Check log file for more information.

I have tried reducing the resolution and turned off most of all of the graphics features, but I still get this error. Do you have any suggestions?
01-03-2011, 04:21 AM
Find