Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mouse freezes on start
symphonia117 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Sad  Mouse freezes on start

I saw the reviews for amnesia, and even though it didn't look like a game I'd usually buy, I thought I'd try it out. After purchasing the game on steam during their holiday sale, I downloaded and attempted to play it. Whenever I initiate the game the screen gets goes black and then flips back to normal and the amnesia settings appear. I set everything to high with a screen resolution of 1920x1080. Then After I click to start playing the screen goes black again and,I can see fraps has started running as a 0 appears in the bottom. The screen remains like that for a few seconds then flips back to the desktop and the amnesia icon is still down at the bottom of the screen.
Steam is now up and encompassing my screen and my mouse is frozen up in the top left hand corner. It responds to right and left clicks but beyond that I cannot move it. After moving the mouse for a long period of time it occasionally allows me to move it across the screen for about a half of a second then flips right back up to the top left corner. I tried using a traditional mouse (I'm currently using a USB M18 gaming mouse from ligitech) and the same thing happened. The only way for me to exit amnesia is to open the task manager with CAD and use the keyboard to end the process. After amnesia.exe has been stopped, everything is normal and I can move my mouse again.

My graphics cards are the newest from Nvidia (for my card type).
I have a GIGABYTE nvidia gtx 460 w/ 1gb ddr5 ram overclocked to 845MHz. i7 875k cpu overclocked to 3.5GHz. 4gb of ddr3 1600mhz memory from g. skill.

Any ideas how to fix the mouse issue?
Here are the logs n stuff.

Attached Files
.log   launcher.log (Size: 3.71 KB / Downloads: 115)
12-30-2010, 07:53 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Mouse freezes on start

Try lowering your resolution, and update your drivers, and if that doesnt work, try using Omega Drivers. Search it on google or if you cant find it ill give the link.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
12-31-2010, 02:34 AM
Find
symphonia117 Offline

(12-31-2010, 02:34 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: Try lowering your resolution, and update your drivers, and if that doesnt work, try using Omega Drivers. Search it on google or if you cant find it ill give the link.

How would lowering my resolution help? My screen resolution is running at 1920x1080. Every other game works at 1920x1080.

Additionally, I have the newest nVidia drivers. I'm not sure how video drivers would even have much to do with my mouse getting frozen while amnesia is running.

Would Omega drivers functions well with other games? I find it hard to believe that they would perform as well as the official drivers.
12-31-2010, 05:28 AM
Find
symphonia117 Offline

When the game does not run in full screen it works perfectly. But whenever it is in full screen that is what causes the mouse to freeze.

When the game is running in full screen and the mouse has frozen I tried to use the keyboard to navigate back to the icon on the task bar and click on it but nothing happens. All of the other settings don't play any part in this, only the full screen vs windowed. Because of the nature of this game, I don't want to play it in a windowed mode because then bright colors surround the dark game window. I think it takes away from the effect of being in a dark room playing a horror game. I want this game to scare me. Windowed mode takes away from that effect.
12-31-2010, 06:31 AM
Find
symphonia117 Offline

Can anyone help me?
01-01-2011, 01:08 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

When your mouse is stuck in the top left corner, can you alt-tab into the game?

01-01-2011, 01:54 AM
Find
symphonia117 Offline

(01-01-2011, 01:54 AM)xiphirx Wrote: When your mouse is stuck in the top left corner, can you alt-tab into the game?

My first Alt-Tab fails and my screen just flashes black and switches back to the desktop. The second ALt-Tab does allow me to switch to the game.
01-01-2011, 06:22 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

so then there shouldn't be a problem if you can get into the game?

01-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20

can you run the game windows with your full screen resolution?
it might be possible the game and your current drivers dont like the games screen resolution

and those omega drivers wont affect other games, its just an alternative, like a backup
01-02-2011, 12:31 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

(12-31-2010, 05:28 AM)symphonia117 Wrote:
(12-31-2010, 02:34 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: Try lowering your resolution, and update your drivers, and if that doesnt work, try using Omega Drivers. Search it on google or if you cant find it ill give the link.

How would lowering my resolution help? My screen resolution is running at 1920x1080. Every other game works at 1920x1080.

Additionally, I have the newest nVidia drivers. I'm not sure how video drivers would even have much to do with my mouse getting frozen while amnesia is running.

Would Omega drivers functions well with other games? I find it hard to believe that they would perform as well as the official drivers.

Omega will probably make the other games run a bit better XD

I also should've told you to tryrunning it in Windowed Mode at 1920x1080, and if that dont work then try something like 1024x768 (Or something close to that)

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
02-13-2011, 12:53 AM
Find