Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Problem in the Examination room (black plague)
Lorkas Offline

Threads: 11
Problem in the Examination room (black plague)

Alright, so the mixing machine says that I still have an insufficient amount of chemicals, yet I'm almost certain I've found them all and poured them inside that mixer. I've put the box with material 66 inside its corner too so I don't understand what the hell's going on. I've triple checked the whole room for extra chemicals but couldn't find any. Damn.
12-31-2010, 12:55 AM
Find
Shev Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Problem in the Examination room (black plague)

They hid them really good, and theres like 6 or 7

You have to look everywhere, and I mean everywhere. I know theres one behind a bunch of books, and theres a few just hidden in plain sight.

i spam meme 4 raeg
12-31-2010, 01:21 PM
Find
Lorkas Offline

I'll try that out

EDIT: Nope, I've checked literally every corner possible for at least 5 times.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2011, 10:49 PM by Lorkas.)
01-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

Maybe look on youtube for a lets play / walkthrough that might show you all the locations of the chemicals. It might also be a glitch meaning you might have to start that level from scratch.
01-02-2011, 04:08 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

Did you look behind the books? I had to look up the locations of the last chemical, myself.
01-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Find
Lorkas Offline

(01-02-2011, 10:02 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: Did you look behind the books? I had to look up the locations of the last chemical, myself.

All of the shelves are clean, I've thrown out whatever was in them whether it's books or empty boxes.
01-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Find
RockMaster Offline

Threads: 0

Hey this is also happening to me (i was a old member here but forgot the password)
Im pretty sure this is one nasty bug happening here. I remember the first time i played Penumbra Black Plague i had the "Chemical Lab crash", but i updated the game and it was solved.
The problem now is that im pretty sure ive got ALL chemicals in the machine but for some reason it doest work. I already got the container in the machine but still says: "Insufficient mixture/data bla bla"

Also, my first stop in the infected corridors was indeed the examination room. I grabbed all the chemicals there and putted them in the machine, them i went to get the stuff in the kennel/research room/chemical room.
From this i can tell that something has got to do with going to the examination room in the first place.
Im angry because i was playing Penumbra again tonight and I need to start again from the infected corridors right after the snow part (that is if i got a save file of it)

So Lorkas , the Examination Room was your first stop in the infected corridors too?

Anyway im looking at this topic here http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...age-2.html and i will try to use that save file. Also, from the youtube video, it seemed the chemical that is in the shelf behind the body simply didnt appeared in the first place.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2011, 04:09 AM by RockMaster.)
01-15-2011, 03:58 AM
Find
PenumbraOT Offline

Threads: 7

Hi,

When you get in the Examination room you should have -2- Chemical's in your Invetory that you collected from another rooms.
The rest of the Chemical's (4) are located in the Examination room.

Total Chemical's you need, 6.

greetz

[Image: 2a0asg0.png]
03-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Website Find
Lorkas Offline

(01-15-2011, 03:58 AM)RockMaster Wrote: Hey this is also happening to me (i was a old member here but forgot the password)
Im pretty sure this is one nasty bug happening here. I remember the first time i played Penumbra Black Plague i had the "Chemical Lab crash", but i updated the game and it was solved.
The problem now is that im pretty sure ive got ALL chemicals in the machine but for some reason it doest work. I already got the container in the machine but still says: "Insufficient mixture/data bla bla"

Also, my first stop in the infected corridors was indeed the examination room. I grabbed all the chemicals there and putted them in the machine, them i went to get the stuff in the kennel/research room/chemical room.
From this i can tell that something has got to do with going to the examination room in the first place.
Im angry because i was playing Penumbra again tonight and I need to start again from the infected corridors right after the snow part (that is if i got a save file of it)

So Lorkas , the Examination Room was your first stop in the infected corridors too?

Anyway im looking at this topic here http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...age-2.html and i will try to use that save file. Also, from the youtube video, it seemed the chemical that is in the shelf behind the body simply didnt appeared in the first place.

Yes, it was my first room too! We had the same problem! It feels so good to know I'm not the only one alone on this. It appears as though Sulfur doesn't spawn or falls behind the table (unlikely). Either way it's unattainable if you head straight to the Examination Room first. According to our experience, at least.

(03-06-2011, 07:27 PM)PenumbraOT Wrote: Hi,

When you get in the Examination room you should have -2- Chemical's in your Invetory that you collected from another rooms.
The rest of the Chemical's (4) are located in the Examination room.

Total Chemical's you need, 6.

greetz

Look, we know that. We've stated at least five times that the problem isn't "Oh the chemicals are hidden so well, we can't find them!!". The problem is that there's a bug or a missing variable that causes Sulfur to not even spawn there in the first place.
03-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Find