Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i think i lost a cog
axhed Offline

Threads: 1
i think i lost a cog

okay so, i unlocked the door to the machine room, and off in a side room i found a big cog that just seemed to be a fluff enviromental piece, so i threw it into the corner of the room in a pile of boxes.

got to the bottom, found the machine, put the two closest cogs onto the machine there, and went back up in search of the third cog. i found it in the pile where i threw it (in the room with the machine that takes the rods i believe) and picked it up. when i spun out of the corner, it caught on the vertical pipe there in the corner and disappeared from my hands, never to be found again.

since then, i found all the rods and inserted them correctly, balanced the pressure, put coal in the oven, and reloaded the game twice, but the machine won't start; says it needs more work. sooo,

is the third cog needed?

where did it go? do i have to restart the game?
01-02-2011, 06:49 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16
RE: i think i lost a cog

Yes the third cog is needed... Are you SURE its gone? If it is, I'd suggest downloading a savegame that is right after that puzzle.

01-02-2011, 07:01 AM
Find
axhed Offline

Threads: 1

yeah, i picked it up, turned around, heard it clunk against the pipe, and it was gone. went back 3-4 times and it never respawned or anything.

i have seen other pieces parts respawn. i think it was in the study, there was a bluish vase on the ground, i was like, "oh that's important!" but i couldn't figure out what to do with it, so i threw it in the corner. it actually got stuck between the crown moulding and the ceiling. i threw a chair at it to try and knock it down but it wouldn't budge. a couple rooms later i found a couple more and they broke quite easily. a little bit after that, i came back to the room and it had respawned on the floor.

so i really think the cog is gone.
01-02-2011, 07:30 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Load previous savegame.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
01-02-2011, 10:02 AM