Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Upside down, black and transparent, no oil meter
Ninjaspitfire36 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: [split] Upside down, black and transparent, no oil meter

(01-06-2011, 10:20 PM)xiphirx Wrote: But it IS common sense.

Sorry, but we aren't being trolls. Stop being so defensive.

You are the one exhibiting troll-like behavior, what right do you have to call DIGI's words "pointless drivel"?

The problem was solved, DIGI had no right to start saying it was common sense and whatnot, therefore I have a right to be defensive and I am not exhibiting troll-like behaviour. Digi just came and found a thread with a problem that was SOLVED and said all that.
01-07-2011, 12:34 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: [split] Upside down, black and transparent, no oil meter

Which isn't anything really, you're taking it personally.

He can freely express his opinion, you are not God.

01-07-2011, 12:39 AM
Find
Ninjaspitfire36 Offline

(01-07-2011, 12:39 AM)xiphirx Wrote: Which isn't anything really, you're taking it personally.

He can freely express his opinion, you are not God.

You're taking this a bit far now. I never said I was God. Even saying that makes you seem rather immature. Of couse he can express his opinion, but I don't appreciate him acting like I'm the idiot for not updating my drivers when I already had not too long before that. I can freely express my opinion also, and I think this entire 'conversation' is ridiculous. I just wanted help, not this.
01-07-2011, 01:27 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Quote:why no-one thinks of updating drivers? I don't know...
should like make people read that before they post in technical help, kinda like a common causes /solutions thread, we have one right?

Just to make sure you didn't forget what DIGI said.

He complains about the numerous threads that are solved by a simple solutions (not directly pointed at you). Then, he goes on to make a suggestion that the troubleshooting guide should be shown before a topic is posted here, which is a good idea.

Again, don't take it personal. You may only wanted help, but you brought this conversation on by yourself by overreacting to what DIGI said.

01-07-2011, 01:33 AM
Find
Ninjaspitfire36 Offline

(01-07-2011, 01:33 AM)xiphirx Wrote:
Quote:why no-one thinks of updating drivers? I don't know...
should like make people read that before they post in technical help, kinda like a common causes /solutions thread, we have one right?

Just to make sure you didn't forget what DIGI said.

He complains about the numerous threads that are solved by a simple solutions (not directly pointed at you). Then, he goes on to make a suggestion that the troubleshooting guide should be shown before a topic is posted here, which is a good idea.

Again, don't take it personal. You may only wanted help, but you brought this conversation on by yourself by overreacting to what DIGI said.

He has no right to start complaining about things that are solved by 'simple solutions' sometimes people overlook them. I haven't forgotten what he said anyway. I'm not taking it personal I just get annoyed by people that say things like that instead of not saying things at all. There is no point in saying them. I looked at the troubleshoot guide and found none of my problems and awnted to doublecheck what I needed to do. So leave me alone, you're being ridiculous. You are overreacting. You're either ignoring the very basic point I am making, or completely missing it.
01-07-2011, 01:45 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Quote:He has no right to start complaining about things that are solved by 'simple solutions'

Why not? I would complain too...

01-07-2011, 01:48 AM
Find
Ninjaspitfire36 Offline

(01-07-2011, 01:48 AM)xiphirx Wrote:
Quote:He has no right to start complaining about things that are solved by 'simple solutions'

Why not? I would complain too...

As I said, some people may overlook simple solutions, it's ridiculous to complain about that. It makes you seem petty and troll-ish. (When I say 'you', I mean people in general.)
01-07-2011, 01:53 AM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20

Oi, stop fighting

Look, its common sense and there are many topics in the thread mentioning this issue several times, and all of them have been solved, its not hard to use the search function to find what matches your problem, even google will find these threads.
I'm just saying that seeing new threads of the same things popping up gets frustrating, it shows that people would shout their problems before looking for a solution, Ninja its nothing against you, but many... many other users post without looking, and I would like to see people with issues to follow teh forum rules and look before posting
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2011, 03:23 AM by DIGI Byte.)
01-07-2011, 02:59 AM
Find
Ninjaspitfire36 Offline

(01-07-2011, 02:59 AM)DIGI Byte Wrote: Oi, stop fighting

Look, its common sense and there are many topics in the thread mentioning this issue several times, and all of them have been solved, its not hard to use the search function to find what matches your problem, even google will find these threads.
I'm just saying that seeing new threads of the same things popping up gets frustrating, it shows that people would shout their problems before looking for a solution, Ninja its nothing against you, but many... many other users post without looking, and I would like to see people with issues to follow teh forum rules and look before posting

I didn't post without looking, I searched extensively, so don't just assume I did post without research. I couldn't find anything for my particular problems, so I posted them. You had no right to act like I had placed some burden on you, saying it was common sense and it was a simple issue. I used the search option several times and didn't find my problem, so I wanted to get a straight answer. Did Jens complain about it? No. He just answered me, solved my problem and didn't get frustrated, so why should you? If people trying to solve their problems is all it takes to irritate you then I'm very sorry for you.
01-07-2011, 03:44 AM
Find