Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could need some help with my custom story
sassix Offline

Threads: 13
Could need some help with my custom story

yo , is anyone here whos not actually making a story and want to help me on mine ? could need some help for making maps and stuff. I just asking cuz im feeling lonly and share my ideas with someone ^_^
01-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Find
Akumasama Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Could need some help with my custom story

Well, now, we have no info whatsoever on your map making skills, story, what not...
So it's best to show a bit what you've made and all so we can see what you can do Smile
01-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Find
sassix Offline

(01-14-2011, 05:49 PM)Akumasama Wrote: Well, now, we have no info whatsoever on your map making skills, story, what not...
So it's best to show a bit what you've made and all so we can see what you can do Smile

hm y well im rly new to this,its no prob for me making maps but im getting out of models and textures so everything will repeat anytime thats one reason to need some help. And im going to make a vid now anyway to show one szene in ma game and ill move around there to show u my map.
01-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Find
Seragath Offline

Threads: 1

(01-14-2011, 05:58 PM)sassix Wrote:
(01-14-2011, 05:49 PM)Akumasama Wrote: Well, now, we have no info whatsoever on your map making skills, story, what not...

hm y well im rly new to this,its no prob for me making maps but im getting out of models and textures so everything will repeat anytime thats one reason to need some help. And im going to make a vid now anyway to show one szene in ma game and ill move around there to show u my map.

You could always post it on the forums so people can try it out themselves.
I have currently 225 lines of codes in my map, and it's not even done yet. x( And that's just doing the basement of the house. Still need the main room. Floor 1,2 and 3, and the outside... Sooo we're not even close to being done. (me and a friend are doing it. My friend is doing the outside)
So yeah we're aiming for a long map with puzzles and everything. Tongue Well, got kinda side tracked. But yeah, just start by experimenting around with scripting etc etc, then when you get a hang of it. Post on the forums what you've done, so people can experience it themselves (More scary that way) And if it's good, then I'm pretty sure you can find people to join you. Smile
01-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Find
sassix Offline

Quote:You could always post it on the forums so people can try it out themselves.
I have currently 225 lines of codes in my map, and it's not even done yet. x( And that's just doing the basement of the house. Still need the main room. Floor 1,2 and 3, and the outside... Sooo we're not even close to being done. (me and a friend are doing it. My friend is doing the outside)
So yeah we're aiming for a long map with puzzles and everything. Tongue Well, got kinda side tracked. But yeah, just start by experimenting around with scripting etc etc, then when you get a hang of it. Post on the forums what you've done, so people can experience it themselves (More scary that way) And if it's good, then I'm pretty sure you can find people to join you. Smile
[/
quote]

lol Big Grin nice , see more reason to need help cuz i dont even know all scripts and how to get em work Big Grin or do u wanna want me to help u xD ? i could send u my maps may u can need something ;P ? i got alot of time right now so i can waste enough time for mapping etc ^^
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2011, 06:11 PM by sassix.)
01-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Find
Tottel Offline

Threads: 9

218 lines, but very similar to you, that's for a part of the basement and some other minor things. ^^

Anyway: I think all of us could use help to make it progress faster. But is that really what you need? Take your time: Learn to script, improve your maps,.. There's no rush. Smile
01-15-2011, 06:53 PM
Find
sassix Offline

(01-15-2011, 06:53 PM)Tottel Wrote: 218 lines, but very similar to you, that's for a part of the basement and some other minor things. ^^

Anyway: I think all of us could use help to make it progress faster. But is that really what you need? Take your time: Learn to script, improve your maps,.. There's no rush. Smile

y ur right i know, but its not because i want get my story faster finished, but i need someone who can help me translating, give me some help with the story to make it better or atleast make some models for or textures, i searched here for some but i cant find anything , just this xmas stuff and babytoys. I got 3ds max 2011 and blender but i cant export models with that tools u know.
Is there no site where i can directly download free .dae models/objects or something without need to export it ? im rly frustaded with that -.-
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2011, 07:02 PM by sassix.)
01-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Find
Tottel Offline

If I were you, I'd start with a map with NO custom content at all. And this, for a few food reasons.

1. It takes less time.
2. You're (absolutely) sure they are good to use.
3. Lets you be creative with things you normally wouldn't use. Smile
01-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Find
sassix Offline

but my story wont make any sense without thos models i need Tongue i cant add quest " yo get some medicine from bathroom" if there is no bathroom Tongue i cant use a bucket as toilet, i also need a mirror and stuff like this Tongue i dont know if there is stuff like this in penumbra but i dont got this game so theres no way to get this models ^^ i want to confront with this "problems" now to know how to handle it and not after my first map Tongue
01-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Find
Tottel Offline

Well, can't you make it: Get medicine from kitchen? ^^

Besides, even if you have a mirror, I don't think reflections are actually supported. :p
Also, 'confronting' these problems would mean solving them yourself, not asking someone to model them for you... Just a quick reminder. ^^
01-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Find