Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[No Code] Pure Ideas
everfeather Offline

Threads: 1
Lightbulb  [No Code] Pure Ideas

I might not be too active or anything, however I figured it would be a good idea to make a thread for the purpose of sharing ideas that could be put to good use. Here's my entry:

Remember the scene where you crawl to the orb, and how your view slowly moved towards the orb no matter where you look, making it very difficult to make any movement away from it?

Now let's have that element put onto a servant, particularly in a dark cluttered room where you have to force yourself to look and see where you're going. It becomes much more difficult to make progress while losing constant vigilance will cause you to look at the monster too much and mess with your sanity.
01-17-2011, 03:48 AM
Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34
RE: [No Code] Pure Ideas

And eventually that monster will come running after you because you looked at it too long and the player will be very very angry with YOU the developer, not the game.
01-17-2011, 08:27 PM
Find
Vradcly Offline

Threads: 6

I think its a good idea, as long as the focus on the enemy is very weak, that could make the player realize that he was running in a circle around the enemy and are now at the same damn spot as he/she was in the beginning. Maybe in a room with fog and few obstacles this could be fun.

But only as long as the mouse movements are (probably alot) stronger then the characters bad habit of looking at the monster Tongue.
01-18-2011, 12:16 AM
Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34

Don't do this. That's not going to make the game scarier. That just makes the user angrier at "who the hell's idea was that???".

Making the controls more difficult != fun... or "immersion".
01-18-2011, 04:40 AM
Find
Som1Lse Offline

Threads: 9

I think it'll work perfectly fine.
But as Vradcly stated, the mouse movement should be stronger than the StartPlayerLookAt function.
01-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Website Find