Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Amnesia or Penumbra Black Plague
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
78.79%
26 78.79%
Penumbra: Black Plague
21.21%
7 21.21%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Question
iarik0440 Offline

Threads: 3
Exclamation  Question

Hey all, i know you all say Amnesia is the scariest and i thought so too but after i played Penumbra Black Plague i think its way scarier then amnesia so thats my opinion, try to play a little of penumbra Black Plague and tell me whats on your mind.
01-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Find
Xanatos Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Question

In Penumbra I felt safe in the dark, but in Amnesia I didn't feel safe anywhere (except in the atrium with the fountain & two eagle statues, for a short while). Especially in the water.

If fate frowns, we all perish.
Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace.
01-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

I love penumbra so damn much. no contest. The story is so much better (IMHO) and I just loved the characters and setting. I found Overture to be much scarier than either Amnesia or Black plague
01-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Website Find
kailip Offline

Threads: 4

IMO amnesia is scarier than penumbra series.
01-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Find
Shev Offline

Threads: 25

Black Plague > Amnesia

BTW: Black plague doesn't have any weapons, for those of you who say amnesia but have not actually played black plague. Although your vote really doesn't count anyways then.

After a little bit into amnesia you realize that the monsters just spawn in and then despawn for script events, and they've despawned when their music is over.

Also in black plague you run into monsters up front a lot more, and they do a bit more patrolling, plus they get flashlights a few times.

The only thing amnesia really had going for it was when a monster saw you, you where pretty much dead because its faster than you and can 2 shot you... Although its extremely easy to lose them.

i spam meme 4 raeg
01-21-2011, 12:00 AM
Find
JarrodTheBobo Offline

Threads: 2

(01-21-2011, 12:00 AM)Shev Wrote: Black Plague > Amnesia

BTW: Black plague doesn't have any weapons, for those of you who say amnesia but have not actually played black plague. Although your vote really doesn't count anyways then.

After a little bit into amnesia you realize that the monsters just spawn in and then despawn for script events, and they've despawned when their music is over.

Also in black plague you run into monsters up front a lot more, and they do a bit more patrolling, plus they get flashlights a few times.

The only thing amnesia really had going for it was when a monster saw you, you where pretty much dead because its faster than you and can 2 shot you... Although its extremely easy to lose them.

yeah aggota admit, the grunts and brutes were kinda retarded...XD
01-21-2011, 12:25 AM
Find
waqas12346 Offline

Threads: 38

I vote Amnesia: The Dark Descent because it's such a cool I mean awesome game and great actions like grunt banging the door LOL Tongue I like grunt Big Grin, And also you don't have any weapons just a lantern Sad

IT'S STILL EPIC FOR ME
Spoiler below!
I completed Amnesia: The Dark Descent 7 times, Still getting jumping & scaring ETC Sad

01-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Website Find
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3

Amnesia is scarier, Penumbra is better in other areas.

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
01-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Find
Deu sex Offline

Threads: 26

penumbra is a better adventure game than amnesia,
but amnesia is a better horror game than penumbra.

the two games rocks for diferent reasons.

and for the scary parts, I think it's in the immagination of each people to be more scared by amnesia, or penumbra. everyone is different, so they will not be "absolute truth" about that !

but when a monster is chasing you in amnesia, its really a way scarier than penumbra.
01-21-2011, 04:49 PM
Find
waqas12346 Offline

Threads: 38

Big Grin Amnesia WINNER YYEEAAHH Big Grin
01-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Website Find