Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Interesting Idea
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: Interesting Idea

Well, yeah. Minecraft is supposed to support a non-sandbox single player adventure mode eventually, too.

The plan to require food water and sleep raises some questions in my head. Those are good for survival sandbox games like Fallout, I'm not sure needing sleep is so great for horror specifically. I would love to be shown up, though.
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2011, 05:38 AM by hollowleviathan.)
01-24-2011, 05:36 AM
Find
DemonicWyvern Offline

Threads: 1

It seems the developer has opened his eyes a bit, and is starting to lean towards making a game prototype in 2D.

Thoughts?
01-27-2011, 01:13 AM
Find
darkhunt3r Offline

Threads: 0

(01-24-2011, 05:36 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: I'm not sure needing sleep is so great for horror specifically.

i do think the need for sleep would be a very innovative aspect.
- the player has to find a safe place to sleep.
-the lack of sleep decreases the sanity of the player.
- while sleeping the protagonist will have playable nightmares. these nightmares can be very interresting: events happening in the normal world (seeing a corpse etc) can affect them, just like the sanity level of the protagonist. the nightmare does not have to follow any physical or logical rules. these nightmares can end in 3 ways. :
1. "winning" meaning that when the player awakes hes perfectly rested.
2. "dying" your character will not be rested when hes waking up but cant sleep for some time.
3.just ending the nightmare without winning or dying: the character will be rested alittle bit and can sleep again.
02-26-2011, 10:06 PM
Find