Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some game limitations seem too artificial
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Some game limitations seem too artificial

(01-23-2011, 11:51 PM)xiphirx Wrote: In Penumbra, you were punished for trying to kill the dogs. When you strike one dog, the dog runs and calls a whole gang of dogs. You're pretty much fucked unless you're up high.

Although this is a good way of punishing the player, it didn't do enough. People still went ahead an killed the dogs. I believe the decision to make yourself defenseless was great in Amnesia and Black Plague.

What they can call up a whole gang of dogs ? I didn't have that happen to me, I just kept hitting them until they fell down and then repeatetly kept on hitting them while they were trying to get up.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2011, 02:44 PM by Arvuti.)
01-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Some game limitations seem too artificial

(01-26-2011, 02:43 PM)Arvuti Wrote:
(01-23-2011, 11:51 PM)xiphirx Wrote: In Penumbra, you were punished for trying to kill the dogs. When you strike one dog, the dog runs and calls a whole gang of dogs. You're pretty much fucked unless you're up high.

Although this is a good way of punishing the player, it didn't do enough. People still went ahead an killed the dogs. I believe the decision to make yourself defenseless was great in Amnesia and Black Plague.

What they can call up a whole gang of dogs ? I didn't have that happen to me, I just kept hitting them until they fell down and then repeatetly kept on hitting them while they were trying to get up.

they only call if tehre is another dog in the immediate vicinity,
01-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Find