Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra owns
Guttiz Offline

Threads: 1
Penumbra owns

I love this game from beginning to end, love how they've managed to do the story, when you go from the ship a lust for adventure and stop you getting a little mentally ill, I do not know if he gets mad or what, but Anyway, I hope there will be more games like penumbra overture. thats the most fun / scary game i have Played. Amnesia TDD is fun too, but i Prefer penumbra, Awesome to say, anyone feels the Sami?

Great when you just go down in the cave at the beginning and the adventure begins. And i love it too philip using notebook and write things, and that one can read the paper to find and save it.

I LOVE THIS GAME, MAKE MORE LIKE Penumbra: D

P.s Its so freaking awesome!!! cant get enough playing it

I dont know if this is the right place for the topic so change if its wrond Wink
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2011, 11:15 PM by Guttiz.)
01-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Penumbra owns

This is the right place. I think overall I prefer Penumbra, however looking at Amnesia it's easy to see how much Frictional has improved - the game flow and atmosphere are improved in Amnesia tbh, Penumbra just had the better puzzles and more intriguing storyline, at least for me.
01-26-2011, 01:16 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

I feel that they deliberately scaled back the puzzle difficulty to emphasize the tension and atmosphere, ensuring with less difficult puzzles that you're back to having the snot scared out of you sooner.
01-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Find
davva Offline

Threads: 1

(01-26-2011, 01:16 AM)Bek Wrote: This is the right place. I think overall I prefer Penumbra, however looking at Amnesia it's easy to see how much Frictional has improved - the game flow and atmosphere are improved in Amnesia tbh, Penumbra just had the better puzzles and more intriguing storyline, at least for me.

^ + 1

the only problem with making puzzel games is to make it a good mix between horror and the puzzles, sometimes i felt realy bored of penumbra due to the long puzzles
Spoiler below!
the computer hacking session in PB

Amnesia has better atmosphere and thats it, i think penumbra has a much more interesting story

01-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

I loved the Penumbra story for every minute, but I didn't care about Amnesia's story too much. I can't even put into words how much I love penumbra...

Overture was the scariest game I've ever played, I consider it the highlight of the series CAUSE IT HAS
Spoiler below!
RED!!!

Black plague was amazing as well cause
Spoiler below!
clarence
was freaking amazing.

But amnesia had.....Agrippa? And Mr.Floppy Face....
01-27-2011, 03:27 AM
Website Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

The characters were more memorable in Penumbra too I guess. Although the setting for Amnesia was quite cool though, but apart from hearing about the Kings men etc, and being in a castle it doesn't seem that significant.

I would imagine it would've been easier to think up puzzles for Penumbra too, as there is so much more you can do with electricity.
01-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Find