Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question About pathnodes
Crunchygoblin Offline

Threads: 7
Question About pathnodes

I know how to make a monster follow path nodes and it will use the nodes to go around things. What im wondering is, will the monster still use the path nodes to get to you, if there isn't any script related to it.

My problem is when my monster follows me, its kinda retarded and gets stuck in the door frame or on a corner.
01-28-2011, 02:39 AM
Find
Shev Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Question About pathnodes

(01-28-2011, 02:39 AM)Crunchygoblin Wrote: I know how to make a monster follow path nodes and it will use the nodes to go around things. What im wondering is, will the monster still use the path nodes to get to you, if there isn't any script related to it.

My problem is when my monster follows me, its kinda retarded and gets stuck in the door frame or on a corner.

Possibly, but the AI programing is really limited

i spam meme 4 raeg
01-28-2011, 03:20 AM
Find
Vradcly Offline

Threads: 6

I also have a question regarding the same topic, better take it here then make a new thread...

When an enemy has followed all the nodes in its path, is there a way to restore the path so it can follow it again?

I have somewhat of a labyrinth and I want the monsters to reappear at certain areas inside the labyrinth, but as it is now, it works great as long as the monsters have not completed their paths. When that happens and the monster is reactivated because the player moved through that place of the labyrinth again the monsters only appear for a very short time and then disappears because they have completed their paths. What I want is the monsters to (if they have no more path nodes to follow), start making their way back again, or possibly teleport to their start position and redo the path following.

Anyone have an idea on how to do that?
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2011, 10:59 AM by Vradcly.)
01-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

I think the game 'delets' the pathnodes once the monster assigned to them has completed the path.

What I would do: make a CollideCallback at the end of the path for the monster, and when it collides with it the callback function restores the pathnodes again and spawns a new monster at the start.

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
01-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Find
Crunchygoblin Offline

Threads: 7

About what I'm asking, If I put down a set of pathnodes, but don't have any scrpting related to them, will the monster skill use them to navigate around obstacles when chasing you?
01-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

(01-28-2011, 09:21 PM)Crunchygoblin Wrote: About what I'm asking, If I put down a set of pathnodes, but don't have any scrpting related to them, will the monster skill use them to navigate around obstacles when chasing you?

Why don't you just try it out?

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
01-28-2011, 10:24 PM
Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

Threads: 17

(01-28-2011, 10:57 AM)Vradcly Wrote: I also have a question regarding the same topic, better take it here then make a new thread...

When an enemy has followed all the nodes in its path, is there a way to restore the path so it can follow it again?

I have somewhat of a labyrinth and I want the monsters to reappear at certain areas inside the labyrinth, but as it is now, it works great as long as the monsters have not completed their paths. When that happens and the monster is reactivated because the player moved through that place of the labyrinth again the monsters only appear for a very short time and then disappears because they have completed their paths. What I want is the monsters to (if they have no more path nodes to follow), start making their way back again, or possibly teleport to their start position and redo the path following.

Anyone have an idea on how to do that?

Just simply add a timer and when part of that timer is reached, he can get reassigned the path back to where he started.

Check out my custom stories(1)(2)!
01-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Find
Vradcly Offline

Threads: 6

Oh shit, it works to good, now im not going back in that labyrinth again Big Grin. I used the timer solution because I didn't want to put the player into the situation where he/she is chased by a monster and the monster follows the player right into the area where it sets another monster active Smile. Although I think it would be pretty cool if the monster also disappears and everything seems alright (player thinks it was an illusion), but right after when walking down the corridor faces the monster again, how did it get there Big Grin. Awesome^^...well well, ill save that one for another map...

Thx for the help Smile.
01-30-2011, 01:25 AM
Find