Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia on Mac CTD at launch
Spikeb Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Amnesia on Mac CTD at launch

To free up disc space on my HD I copied The Penumbra Collection and Amnesia to separate DVDs. Before deleting the games from my HD I launched the games from the DVDs that I burned. Penumbra launched normally, but Amnesia CTDs right after launch (black screen/pause/crash). I then opened Amnesia from the original files, and the game started normally.

I came to your forums to look for help and saw that there was a patch for Amnesia, so I downloaded it. I tried to install the patch but got this message: Mojo Patch. We can't find your "Amnesia - The Dark Descent" installation. Would you like to show us where it is?

I went to the Amnesia folder in my Applications folder, then got this message: Mojo Patch. Error: failed to get filesize of [Contents/info.plist]: No such file or directory. Then this message: Mojo Patch. Can't determine product's installed version.

Do I have a corrupted download? Maybe the copy I burned is corrupted. I am at a loss. I can post the Problem Report for Amnesia if that would help.

I am running Mac OS 10.6.2 on an Intel iMac with 2.4GHZ processor, 3GB RAM, and ATI Radeon HD 2600 graphics card.

Amnesia, like the Penumbra Collection, was downloaded from your site last year.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks, Spike
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2011, 08:15 AM by Spikeb.)
01-29-2011, 08:13 AM
Find
Spikeb Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia on Mac CTD at launch

I discovered that I still had the original downloaded Amnesia .dmg file in my downloads folder. So I deleted the Amnesia program from my HD and opened and installed the .dmg file again. The game runs perfectly from my applications folder. I then deleted the first Amnesia patch and redownloaded it. When I opened it I again got an error message: Can't determine product's installed version.

I have version 1.0 that I downloaded in September. The patch just can't recognize it.

I also tried to reburn Amnesia to a DVD, but it also CTDs at launch. Maybe this game can't be copied. I can live with that, but I really would like to patch my original version.

If there is something that I can do to install the patch, please let me know.

Thanks, Spike
01-29-2011, 09:37 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia on Mac CTD at launch

Burning the game to DVD and running it from the DVD probably will not work. If you want to have a backup burn the DMGs to DVD.

As for the patch, Make sure you remove ALL copies of Amnesia on your harddrive and then empty the trash. Then re-install the game, run it.. and then try applying the patch.

If the patch still fails, run the "console" application, and copy the log entries at the end related to the mojopatch application.

I had specifically tested the new (1.0.1.2) patch with a Stock 1.0 install and a 1.0.1 install of amneisa (and a 1.0 patched to 1.0.1). The patcher requires the Info.plist file to determine the current version, so if that file is not there or corrupted that would explain why it is failing.. But then if that file is missing the game should not run either. If you receive the install error again also attach the "Info.plist" file (right click amnesia.app and choose Show Package Contents)

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
01-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Website Find