Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 38 Vote(s) - 3.95 Average
Amnesia: An Unexpected Arrival [RELEASE] - v1.04
Brennenburg Offline

Threads: 9
RE: An Unexpected Arrival - A New Custom Story [Download][Video]

Hey everyone. So this is really great stuff you made so far Nye. Really scary and made me jump a few times. But once I clicked on the Private Quarters the game crashed to desktop. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit.

[Image: TRcp2.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2011, 05:43 AM by Brennenburg.)
02-17-2011, 05:43 AM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

(02-17-2011, 05:43 AM)Brennenburg Wrote: Hey everyone. So this is really great stuff you made so far Nye. Really scary and made me jump a few times. But once I clicked on the Private Quarters the game crashed to desktop. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit.

The Private Quarters are the end of the demo.

Nothing out of the ordinary here, good sir!
02-17-2011, 06:09 AM
Find
Brennenburg Offline

Threads: 9

(02-17-2011, 06:09 AM)Cryaotic Wrote:
(02-17-2011, 05:43 AM)Brennenburg Wrote: Hey everyone. So this is really great stuff you made so far Nye. Really scary and made me jump a few times. But once I clicked on the Private Quarters the game crashed to desktop. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit.

The Private Quarters are the end of the demo.

Nothing out of the ordinary here, good sir!

Phew! That is relief. Thanks for your reply.

[Image: TRcp2.png]
02-17-2011, 06:22 AM
Find
guangling Offline

Threads: 0

Dear Nye,

thanks for providing a possible fix. It didn't work for me though Sad I removed the blank line as you said, saved the file and started amnesia. But the custom story still didn't show up. Maybe send a mail to the dev guys...

cheers,

guangling

(02-17-2011, 01:12 AM)Nye Wrote: POSSIBLE FIX FOR THOSE WHO THE CUSTOM STORY DOES NOT SHOW UP IN THE CUSTOM STORY LIST:

Go into the "Unexpected Arrival" folder and open "custom_story_settings.cfg" in Notepad or Notepad++.

Make sure there are are no line spaces between anything. The file should look something like this:

<Main
Name = "An Unexpected Arrival"
Author = "Nye"
MapsFolder = "maps/"
StartMap = "outside.map"
StartPos = "PlayerStartArea_1"
/>

After ensuring there are no spaces/correcting this. Restart the game and you "SHOULD" see it in the menu. There is some weird bug where sometimes, it will randomly add a space there and it seems it wont show up on the custom story list.
02-17-2011, 08:04 AM
Find
MooseTheScared Offline

Threads: 1

(02-17-2011, 08:04 AM)guangling Wrote: Dear Nye,

thanks for providing a possible fix. It didn't work for me though Sad I removed the blank line as you said, saved the file and started amnesia. But the custom story still didn't show up. Maybe send a mail to the dev guys...

cheers,

guangling

It worked for me, now I'm able to see the story in the menu. It seems that you have to remove not only the blank line (which I also had), but the spaces at the beginning of each line as well. When I removed the blank line only, it didn't work. Then I just copy-pasted this to my custom_story_settings.cfg:

<Main
Author = "Nye"
MapsFolder = "maps/"
StartMap = "outside.map"
/>

And it worked.
02-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Find
guangling Offline

Threads: 0

It finally worked! I had to copy paste the lines from this forum and overwrite the config file! Manually removing the spaces didn't work... How weird!!

but anyway, problem solved Smile

Cheers guys!

guangling

(02-17-2011, 08:35 PM)Romendakil Wrote:

cheers,

guangling

It worked for me, now I'm able to see the story in the menu. It seems that you have to remove not only the blank line (which I also had), but the spaces at the beginning of each line as well. When I removed the blank line only, it didn't work. Then I just copy-pasted this to my custom_story_settings.cfg:

<Main
Author = "Nye"
MapsFolder = "maps/"
StartMap = "outside.map"
/>
didn't work but copy pasting the lines from this forum
into the config file did work!

(02-17-2011, 08:35 PM)Romendakil Wrote: [quote='guangling' pid='56160' dateline='1297926282']
Dear Nye,

cheers,

guangling

<Main
Author = "Nye"
MapsFolder = "maps/"
StartMap = "outside.map"
/>

And it worked.
02-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Find
Nye Offline

Threads: 8

(02-17-2011, 10:18 PM)guangling Wrote: It finally worked! I had to copy paste the lines from this forum and overwrite the config file! Manually removing the spaces didn't work... How weird!!

but anyway, problem solved Smile

Cheers guys!

guangling

(02-17-2011, 08:35 PM)Romendakil Wrote:

cheers,

guangling

<Main
Author = "Nye"
MapsFolder = "maps/"
StartMap = "outside.map"
/>
didn't work but copy pasting the lines from this forum
into the config file did work!

(02-17-2011, 08:35 PM)Romendakil Wrote: [quote='guangling' pid='56160' dateline='1297926282']
Dear Nye,

cheers,

guangling

<Main
Author = "Nye"
MapsFolder = "maps/"
StartMap = "outside.map"
/>

And it worked.

Cool, glad to hear it worked for some of you Big Grin

02-18-2011, 12:13 AM
Find
Need4Power Offline

Threads: 1

Any Progress with the full custom story? Tongue
02-20-2011, 08:35 PM
Find
Nye Offline

Threads: 8

(02-20-2011, 08:35 PM)Need4Power Wrote: Any Progress with the full custom story? Tongue

40% Big Grin

02-22-2011, 12:40 AM
Find
Linus Ågren Offline

Threads: 58

I just tested your Demo and I gotta say, it's really well done.
Now, I gotta say that my upcoming custom story has a very similar intro as yours, so I was hoping that you won't mind Smile

Looking forward for full release!

Creator of The Dark Treasure.
02-22-2011, 01:56 AM
Website Find