Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 38 Vote(s) - 3.95 Average
Amnesia: An Unexpected Arrival [RELEASE] - v1.04
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
RE: An Unexpected Arrival - RELEASED! [31st May 2011]

Download link don't work. Says Invalid File or Deleted File.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
05-31-2011, 01:12 AM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

Looking forward to the custom story.

I hope you get the custom story link working. Smile

05-31-2011, 01:14 AM
Find
Nye Offline

Threads: 8

(05-31-2011, 01:14 AM)Kyle Wrote: Looking forward to the custom story.

Just had to fix a minor bug; since the story doesn't involve modifying you're game's files, I have to manually edit every single custom entity's directory each time I edit a map; and I forgot to do it on one of my maps, so the audio wouldn't function properly, download link will be back in a few minutes Smile

EDIT: Download is back up, enjoy Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2011, 01:26 AM by Nye.)
05-31-2011, 01:19 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

(05-31-2011, 01:19 AM)Nye Wrote:
(05-31-2011, 01:14 AM)Kyle Wrote: Looking forward to the custom story.

Just had to fix a minor bug; since the story doesn't involve modifying you're game's files, I have to manually edit every single custom entity's directory each time I edit a map; and I forgot to do it on one of my maps, so the audio wouldn't function properly, download link will be back in a few minutes Smile

EDIT: Download is back up, enjoy Big Grin

I get error when you try to reach "Hallofblood2.map its that part when you past 3 Blue torches.. Thats the end ? And you dont have "Hallofblood map here" Weird. Missing something?

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2011, 01:47 AM by HumiliatioN.)
05-31-2011, 01:38 AM
Find
Nye Offline

(05-31-2011, 01:38 AM)HumiliatioN Wrote: I get error when you try to reach "Hallofblood2.map its that part when you past 3 Blue torches.. Thats the end ? And you dont have "Hallofblood map here" Weird. Missing something?

You downloaded the story before I took the link down, hence there was a CRC error, I've just tested the transition with the updated download, and encountered no error.

To fix the issue, just for you:

Redownload and install the whole story (updated link) : Here

But edit the file 'custom_story_settings.cfg' (An Unexpected Arrival/custom_story_settings.cfg) in Notepad, and change the line

StartMap = "outside2.map"
to
StartMap = "hallsofblood2.map"

Then save this file.
Then start amnesia and play the custom story again and you will be where you should have left off.

Sorry about that! The first download that I uploaded had an error in compressing, so that caused this issue.

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2011, 02:06 AM by Nye.)
05-31-2011, 02:04 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Okay its working and i completed that.

Amazing story with good scares!

You did hell of a job on this one.. Im more than happy.

Best entertainment in this story and puzzle solving was nice and desing. Thanks for let me play this full beast version!

Big Grin Waiting next release! Wink

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2011, 02:12 AM by HumiliatioN.)
05-31-2011, 02:11 AM
Find
Need4Power Offline

Threads: 1

YES!!!,FINALLY! XD
i will play it now Tongue
05-31-2011, 12:36 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Yay! I love when I see "RELEASED!" on threads. Gonna play it today.
05-31-2011, 01:25 PM
Website Find
cook Offline

Threads: 6

Too much fog in a lot of areas, also I think the spiders are just plain annoying in any map they are put in. The bit where you have to break the planks with the hammer seemed redundant too - I simply jumped the gaps in the stairs without needing to go around and hammer the planks, guessing that's a bug. I also got stuck in the door with Alexander in it, I forced it open pretty easily but then it slammed shut behind me and had to restart.

Plus side, very very detailed, silent grunt, very large imposing levels(the one with the swinging chandalier in particular), the sheer amount of directions stuff could come from was unsettling in itself, good music - I'm assuming its penumbra. Checkpoints, lots of added scripting for realism(moving elevator etc), mixing it up with the puzzles was nice.

Is it over at part one?
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2011, 02:05 PM by cook.)
05-31-2011, 02:03 PM
Find
Nye Offline

(05-31-2011, 02:03 PM)cook Wrote: Too much fog in a lot of areas, also I think the spiders are just plain annoying in any map they are put in. The bit where you have to break the planks with the hammer seemed redundant too - I simply jumped the gaps in the stairs without needing to go around and hammer the planks, guessing that's a bug. I also got stuck in the door with Alexander in it, I forced it open pretty easily but then it slammed shut behind me and had to restart.

Plus side, very very detailed, silent grunt, very large imposing levels(the one with the swinging chandalier in particular), the sheer amount of directions stuff could come from was unsettling in itself, good music - I'm assuming its penumbra. Checkpoints, lots of added scripting for realism(moving elevator etc), mixing it up with the puzzles was nice.

Is it over at part one?

Probably, I don't particularly want to continue this story. But you never know ! The Alexander was there for lolz, and there was a message saying that the door is blocked anyway, so the fact you managed to even get inside that room is quite an achievement, because I couldn't XD

As for jumping up the stairs, it's not really a bug, just an alternate route, thanks for the feedback, I'm working on a brand new story with a lot more planning this time Smile

05-31-2011, 03:07 PM
Find