Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking down the workdesk_door with a custom joint entity
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10
Breaking down the workdesk_door with a custom joint entity

I'm currently working on a puzzle which requires the player to pry open the door of the normal workdesk with a custom hammer entity which has been modified in order to behave like Frictional's crowbar_joint entity (only thing different is a different Min angle).

Problem
Once the hammer is in place, I can't move it far enough to make it look realistic. I can move it a bit, as much as the workdesk door allows (which is too little), but that was it. How can I force the door to open more when the hammer is used? Right now the hammer seems to be too weak, the door seems to block it even when it isn't locked.

I've tried modifying the door's body which worked, but it looked stupid (hammer just moves through door as if it wasn't there). I then tried to use the hinge so the door could only be opened the necessary bit for the hammer to complete the prying motion, but the hammer seems to be too weak / the door still blocks it.

Screenshot
Be patient, Imgur seems to be a bit slow right now.

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
02-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Breaking down the workdesk_door with a custom joint entity

After tweaking the hammer body to make it as accurate as possible, it works a little better, but the hammer still gets blocked by the door though it moves more freely this time.

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
02-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Find
machosalad Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Breaking down the workdesk_door with a custom joint entity

This reminds when i had fun modding monsters. I gave the monsters really high mass and push force or whatever its called, so whenever the monsters touched a dynamic entity, the entity flew away and the monsters could walk through stuff without getting bothered at all.

Maybe doing the same thing with that hammer could solve the problem.
02-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Find