Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bright! (Help)
house Offline

Threads: 11
Super Bright! (Help)

I'm making a level, I make a pointlight. I enabled "Global Ambient Light" And "Global Point Light" Nothings wrong. So I save the level and go ingame. When I get to the level, The pointlight is EXTREMLY BRIGHT! Nothing is wrong in the level editor. But ingame, things go wrong! I'm not going to write down all the things I enabled and did for the point light, please tell me what you need to know, then I'll write it down.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2011, 11:47 PM by house.)
02-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Find
Linus Ågren Offline

Threads: 58
RE: Super Bright! (Help)

Have you tried to lower the diffuse light?

Creator of The Dark Treasure.
02-10-2011, 12:13 AM
Website Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34

It's weird, but in order to lower a lights power, you just have to make it a darker color. I REALLY wish there was a simple "power" value for each light, because sometime I have a color of light that I really like, and it's too bright, so I have to change the color to turn the brightness down... Sad
02-10-2011, 06:44 AM
Find
house Offline

Threads: 11

(02-10-2011, 12:13 AM)junkfood2121 Wrote: Have you tried to lower the diffuse light?

I'll try that, I never knew what the diffuse light thing is, does it control its brightness? I'll experiment with this for a little.
02-18-2011, 11:16 PM
Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34

Diffuse IS the light.

Diffuse color (and in the case of Amnesia, the intensity as well) is the color the light is. The scroll bars in the color chooser only go up to 1, but you can type in any number you want.

The last value, alpha, controls the amount of specularity the light gives off. Specularity is a fake reflection of the light, like a white spot bouncing off the ground. If it's not a "real" light source in the scene, then you should set it to 0, otherwise the reflection will show up in game and it'll look weird to have a non-existent light source reflected.
02-18-2011, 11:25 PM
Find