Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!)
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: An Amnesia Questionnaire (Spoilers!)

While playing the game, did you...

... scream like a little girl whenever a monster spawned close by?

no

... boast to others that the game wasn't that scary only to shit your pants shortly thereafter?

no

... at any point have to quit the game to give your heart time to slow down and/or your hands to stop shaking?

no

... die more than once - because you were killed by the same monster?

yes

... regret that you turned the handle and allowed a certain someone to talk to you?

no

... feel too frightened to open a door, because you thought a monster might be on the other side?

yes

... feel too frightened to pick up what you had come for, because you knew a monster might spawn?

yes

... pass out from low sanity while waiting for a monster to disappear?

yes

... pass out from low sanity while hiding from a monster that wasn’t even there?

no, at least, i don't think so

... attempt to flee from a monster only to run right smack into it?

yes

... jump off the window ledge in the study, just to see what would happen?

yes

... jump off the window ledge in the study and then laugh like a maniac when you died from the fall?

no

... spend a few minutes giggling insanely as you threw various objects into the vat of acid?

yes

... pick a hiding spot and realize too late that it wasn’t a very good hiding spot?

yes

... play through the game multiple times only to find out to your unpleasant surprise that things were slightly different that time around?

yes

... go back to an earlier save and play an area over again because it was so damn much fun?

yes

... frantically try to stop the elevator when things started to go south?

yes

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday when it showd up and ruined the sanctity of the Back Hall? (Bonus points if you did so in more than one language. XD)

yes, and bonus

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday whenever it showed up and made your sanity go from "Slight headache" to "omgwtf I'm dragging my face along the floor!"?

sometimes

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
03-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Website Find
Shammeh Offline

Threads: 1

Multiple times. For instance in the Chancel after you fixed the machine and headed for the inner sanctum and meeted a brute, basically every moment a grunt appeared in the Prison.

... boast to others that the game wasn't that scary only to shit your pants shortly thereafter?

No. I bragged about how scary it was and that i shit my pants on a daily basis, only to shit my pants shortly after.

... at any point have to quit the game to give your heart time to slow down and/or your hands to stop shaking?

For some reason the Cellar Archives (water lurker) made me want to take breaks between each room. however, it was for an LP so i had to carry on in good spirits.

No. I was really cautious

... regret that you turned the handle and allowed a certain someone to talk to you?

"i see youre making progress, but there are much more important things to be doing."
SHUT UP AGRIPPA. I was happy for his presence at first but by the time i had recieve all the orb pieces i was done.

... feel too frightened to open a door, because you thought a monster might be on the other side?

from the storage on after, yes.

... feel too frightened to pick up what you had come for, because you knew a monster might spawn?

from the storage on after, yes.

choir, twice.

... pass out from low sanity while hiding from a monster that wasn’t even there?

no, most of the time i would run before i would pass out and figure out that nothing was there.

holy shit the prison and choir...

actually no.

... jump off the window ledge in the study and then laugh like a maniac when you died from the fall?

that sounds rude.

... spend a few minutes giggling insanely as you threw various objects into the vat of acid?

that dead pig was amusing to toss in for sure.

... pick a hiding spot and realize too late that it wasn’t a very good hiding spot?

turns out that barrels can be broken by monsters.

... play through the game multiple times only to find out to your unpleasant surprise that things were slightly different that time around?

the first time through (My Let's Play) i didnt go back to the rubble in the archives. but when i went through to see more things (which i did xD) i was terrified at the monster that appeared and disappeared.

... go back to an earlier save and play an area over again because it was so damn much fun?

Ive probably gone back to every part of the game that involved a monster just to see how close i could get to it, how cool of a fort i could make to hide from it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz4LlTjNX...ideo_title), if i could ride piggyback on a grunt, etc.

I tried to jump at the bottom of the shaft to survive the fall because Im a badass. yeah i watch mythbusters,

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday when it showd up and ruined the sanctity of the Back Hall? (Bonus points if you did so in more than one language. XD)

The Back Hall was my "calm down" area for that section (just like the Nave was later) and i was quite irritated.

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday whenever it showed up and made your sanity go from "Slight headache" to "omgwtf I'm dragging my face along the floor!"?

The smooth mouse that flew all over the place pissed me off
03-18-2011, 12:57 AM
Find
Clord Offline

Threads: 7

No.

No.

No.

Yes.

No.

No.

No.

Actually it might have taken me to until outside Orb Chamber puzzle that I got non-scripted pass out thing for my PC.

No.

Nah, same monster does not teleport, if you get faced by monster front of you, it is another one.

No.

No.

No.

Actually most of my hiding spots worked because dumb enemy AI.

Nah.

For different endings, yeah.

Nah.

Nah.

Nah.
03-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13

Added one more question, to go along with the Penumbra Overture Questionnaire that I just posted.

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
04-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

No.

New game, and haven't told anyone yet about it.

So-so, fighting a cold, and some was getting a tad tense.

Yeah, trying to get away from the monster and out of the sewers. It was hinted to close the doors and then run up the ladder. That didn't work. panicked too much, so I just opened the doors and ran to the ladder as fast as I could. no more monster Smile

no

so-so, maybe a few seconds, but I knew I had to go on.

Best I can say is that glass jar to get acid. I thought after pouring the acid on the lock, I had to go back for more. I did, but was getting a bit tense and scary. I later discovered you couldn't get more acid, and the hammer was the answer to breaking off the rest of the lock.

I had to wait in a room where there were dead bodies (after getting blood from a body on a table), my player actually started to turn sideways and I had to keep him from fainting.

no.

(edit: I read this wrong. I thought it said, I got too scared and ended up running into some object or wall, so this answer doesn't entirely apply to the question)
somewhat. monster in the prision area saw me and I ran back the other way, but it was pitch black, couldn't see a thing. I was amazed that I found myself somewhere else, and the monster disappeared.
then I'm like, dang it, I have to retrace where I've been.

no. sort of wanted to, but didn't.

no

did I laugh? or just smile? it was cool throwing in that pig, and some bottles, etc.

one time, I think again, in the prison area. monster saw me, it was a dark area, but clearly a dead end. monster came around and killed me.

first time playing this game, and not finished yet.

not yet

felt like it, but being sick, I am no fun. I was beginning to worry that I should stop it or something, but I just let that thing go.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2011, 04:57 PM by Linux.Blue.)
04-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

Spoiler below!
Yes Sad
No. I always told them the game was OMGWTFBBQ Scary.
Oh Hell yes.
DON'T EVEN REMIND ME!
YES. HE/SHE/... IT WOULDN'T SHUT THE HELL UP!
Yeppers Dx
No. Do you think I'm Einstein? I'm not that smart!
Yes
.......Yes
Yes (EVEN MOAR SPOILER!) in the sewer. Died from it like 3 times D:
No. But now that you mention it, I kinda want to.
No.
Yes.
Once Again... DON'T REMIND ME!
Yes Sad
Oh Hell yes!
Yeah.
... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday when it showed up and ruined the sanctity of the Back Hall? (Bonus points if you did so in more than one language. XD)
YESH! I also called him a Mofo in french... I think...
Yep. Again, called him a Mofo in french I think.
(If you played Penumbra: Overture first...)
... walk into the Refinery and think: "This isn't the Refinery."?
No. Sadly, Amnesia got me playing the Penumbra Series.

MY OWN BONUS QUESTION!
... break something in your house/room because of Amneisa?
Yeah. I broke a gameboy video game by crushing it in scariness. I was preforming a ritual! >Big Grin

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2011, 11:58 PM by RawkBandMan.)
04-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Find
SummerR. Offline

Threads: 0

Ahaha, yes. I'm so serious, I'm just a huge wuss. XD

Hell no. I would never. Though my sister boasted and she wouldn't play the game after five minutes anymore. XD

Save and Quit, baby. Save and quit.

..Er...maaaaaaybbeee?

OH, VERY MUCH SO.

Every door.

Every time. DX

HELL YES. YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW SCARED I WAS.

I would tremble in fear, then come out with nothing there, feel a little pissed, move on, and BAM. There's a monster in the hallway. DX This happened too many times.

Eight times, if I'm counting right.

Ahaha, no, I should try that next time XD

See above.

Yeah, that was fuuuun Big Grin I was taking a break from all the screaming, I suppose.

Durrrr...yep. You know that drawer thing? Never worked for me. :/

I dunno. I've never played it more than once. I fear for nightmares. XD

Loved the water chase, thought the waterlurkers were damn annoying.

Practically cursing out Daniel for doing something stupid.

... curse the Shadow six ways from Sunday when it showed up and ruined the sanctity of the Back Hall? (Bonus points if you did so in more than one language. XD)
Three, actually. XD

You betcha. Do I get bonus points for this too? 'Cause I'm sure I cursed a lot more here than in the Back Hall. Most words involved 'fuck' in them. XD

(If you played Penumbra: Overture first...)
... walk into the Refinery and think: "This isn't the Refinery."?

Mmhm. I was like, 'WTH?'
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2011, 06:37 PM by SummerR..)
04-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Find
DemonGhoul Offline

Threads: 1

No.

No, although the water parts weren't as bad as I expected.

Yes, I needed a breather once or twice.

No, though I did sacrifice myself to the water lurker out of boredom a couple times.

(snicker) I guess so.

Not really, I lack common sense.

Yes, and sometimes THEY did!

... pass out from low insanity while waiting for a monster to disappear?
No...?

No, what?!

Yes, running from one -- smash into another.

Yes, my poor attempt at dying.

I just had to, it was funny.

Minus the giggling part, I should have tried to throw something of value in there.

Yes, sometimes light just has to find you.

Yes, the water lurker gets stupider.

Haha yes, to laugh at the water lurkers, and awe at the pretty scenery.

Still end up knocked out.

(Some else did this XD) Yes, that fountation was pretty. Yay, bonus points for calling it a baka!

Yes, and for snagging all those walls with slime so I'd have to jump over them >.<.
04-22-2011, 04:05 AM
Find
Shadowman60 Offline

Threads: 2

No.

No.

Oh my god, yes.

Yes.

No. What's wrong with
Spoiler below!
Agrippa?

Before the cistern, yes.

No, but i knew he was going to spawn...
Spoiler below!
EXCEPT MORGUE ;_;

In the Wine Celler, before i knew the damn thing wasn't real.

No.

Only twice, Storage and PRISON.

Now i wanna do it.

Maybe.

Yes.

Yes.

YES.

Archive tunnes, and cells.

Yes.

*Showed, and no.

Yes.

12-04-2011, 07:13 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

. scream like a little girl whenever a monster spawned close by?
No but I did start cussing a lot

No

Yes
No
No
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
No
No
No
Yes
Yes
Yes
NO
Yes
Yes
No
12-04-2011, 07:21 AM
Website Find